Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xenarc Alu bezels and Golf iv R32/Anni dash

Iv searched but cant find....
    Does anyone know if the finish on the alu matches? I.e is it brushed in the same direction, with a similar sort of 'grit' to it?

Has anyone installed a xenarc in an anni/R32 and simply cut down the original bezel?

If so what panel did u start off with and do you have any pics of the fit?

Thanks,
    Jon

bump

Comment

I didnt use a Xenarc.. but I think my screen still matches very well, since the stock radio was black anyways...

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=87054
      Pentium 4m 1.5GHz|MB896|Roadie Extreme|XM-Direct|Rikaline 6010|T-View 7"|Streetdeck|160gb Western Digital|1Gb DDR2-533 Ram

Comment

Thanks strohj, thats a nice install, But i really want the bezel to look completely OEM and match the brushed aluminium! Surely someone on here must have a Xenarc and own or know someone with an R32/Anni golf that they could compare it with for me?!

If I could find a local xenarc reseller id go have a look myself, but unfortunately there isnt

Comment

you could grab some scotch-brite of varying grits (or something fancier) and re-brush it yourself, to get it to match...
          But don't take it from me! here's a quote from a real, live newbie:
          Originally posted by Viscouse
          I am learning buttloads just by searching on this forum. I've learned 2 big things so far: 1-it's been done before, and 2-if it hasn't, there is a way to do it.
          eegeek.net

Comment

bump

Comment

nobody on here has the brushed aluminium and the Xenarc... the guys who have the alu dash.. all did a custom bezel for their lilliput's or are using a T-view like I am...

I do believe though that you can order JUST the Xenarc bezel from the mp3car.com store and see if it will work for you
              Pentium 4m 1.5GHz|MB896|Roadie Extreme|XM-Direct|Rikaline 6010|T-View 7"|Streetdeck|160gb Western Digital|1Gb DDR2-533 Ram

Comment

Not everyone it appears strojh!!! -
                http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=37081

I am currently looking at getting these machined up out of alu to match the R32 trim. Anyone who is interested in a bezel, or could volunteer to knock up the autocad model please drop me an email.

Comment

you might notice that THAT is NOT the Xenarc aluminium bezel... but either way I didnt know any VW guys were using a Xenarc

Comment

Originally posted by strohj View Post
                    you might notice that THAT is NOT the Xenarc aluminium bezel...
                    I know mate, if only it was.....!

Originally posted by Jon-G View Post
                    I am currently looking at getting these machined up out of alu to match the R32 trim.

Comment

Working...
                    X