Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4 Gateway LCD Screens - anyone know how to power Gateway screens?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 Gateway LCD Screens - anyone know how to power Gateway screens?

Originally posted by terrablader View Post
    a buddy of mine sent me a bunch of laptop screens, i want to hook one up for a car pc, does anyone know what i need to do for these screens?
    Yes, search the forums. The info is here. It aint easy, or cheap, but it is doable.

Michael
    ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

Comment

I'd use electricity to power them.

Comment

Originally posted by JonDubya View Post
        I'd use electricity to power them.

Michael
        ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

Comment

if there relatively modern screens there lvds interface... they run on 3.3v, but you need a controller

if there older than 3 years or so, they may be a ttl interface... still needa controller...

you need a controller for each of these types....
          MY NEWEST INSTALL:modded infiniti fx with big screen

first windows carpc install........my liquid cooled LVDS screen :D

Comment

I'd use a hamster in a wheel to generate the electricity to power 'em....
            Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
            How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

...also,they will be dim & suck during the daytime for sure... most are under 200nits... people complain the lilli's & zenarcs suck & are unusable, there around 350 nits

Comment

a hampster 3.3v generator can be built from parts readily available from mouser...

Comment

Originally posted by turbocad6 View Post
                  a hampster 3.3v generator can be built from parts readily available from mouser...
                  Heck, of a junk box with parts for a 3.3v generator from a hamster wheel. Well of course, except for the hamset

Michael

Comment

Originally posted by turbocad6 View Post
                    ...also,they will be dim & suck during the daytime for sure... most are under 200nits... people complain the lilli's & zenarcs suck & are unusable, there around 350 nits
                    My lilli is too bright [nighttime]....idk what ppl are saying, daytime is just fine.

Comment

You have a couple of options, but the hamster might be the easiest and cheapest.

Take apart the screen, and try to ID what LCD you have. Then search google for information.

That looks like an LVDS. Search the forum, and google, for LVDS information.

Like said, it won't be easy, or cheap. IT will cost you about the same as a Lilli or Zenarc, and won't be all that good once done anyway.

Michael

Comment

Comment

there is NOTHING you can just connect to those wires to just get it to work...., well.... except the matching laptop motherboard that is....

open it to identify the panel is the first step no matter what...

Comment

don't waste your time.

I have several 10.4" lcds with touch screen but no vga controller.

new controller will cost about $200.
                            My install in Toyota Tacoma

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=91579

Comment

Originally posted by terrablader
                              this is all the tags on it, does this help? where do i get a controller?
                              ]
                              Holy **** man. How thick are you???

You have been told several times to search the forums, and to google, but instead you keep posting. YOU NEED TO FIGUE THIS OuT ON YOUR OWN.

Search the forum for LVDS and the damn numbers.

Michael

Comment

Working...
                              X