PLEASE HELP me work out PINOUT for NECVOX FD 2680 LCD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PLEASE HELP me work out PINOUT for NECVOX FD 2680 LCD

I bought a NECVOX FD-2680 6.8" TFT LCD off ebay without Power/Video(composite)/Audio adapter lead. Bad Idea Maybe.
    Can't find any manual that helps or any pinout. to death!
    I searched and read every post with the word NECVOX in it.

Here's a pic of it:

Like other LCD's it has 2 Video (composite), 1 Audio and Power (12v+ground) leads going to a 15 pin connector on the LCD board as below:

Has anyone got this screen or one of the renamed LCD's so they could help me out with the pinout?

I have had a look at the board and traced pin1 to two fuses. So I think this is the 12v. See below:

Front of Board

Back of Board

Can someone confirm this as I have very little electrical knowledge.

If I could power it up I could probably guess the video pins and I'm not bothered about the audio.

Please Help.

I have just found this which is not on the main site:
    http://www.mynecvox.com/mn_products.asp

It has all the manuals EXCEPT for my LCD! Why?

I looked at the FD-6569 to see if they were similar and that one has a "Interconnection Box"? (AD- 6865)

Why? Am I missing this? Can I rig up the 12v/ground wires and video connections or am I screwed without it? If anyone has had one of these with a "Interconnection Box" could someone tell me what's in it please.

Really need some help on this.
    Cheers.

Comment

New Info

I have found the data sheet for the Sharp Video Interface IC. The part number is IR3Y29B. I've attached a pic of the pinout. Could someone just point me in the right direction to find out which the 12v pin is? Otherwise I think I just go LCD pigeon shooting
      Attached Files

Comment

chances are that chip itself doesn't run on 12v, it'll run on either regulated 5-8v, or maybe even 3.3v...., but not 12v direct power....

if you can trace the fuses to one of the input pins, that should be safe to assume is the power... look for another one of those pins that should seem like it's going to just about everything through large traces, & that should be the ground... the rest is kinda hit & miss really, good luck with it... if you do burn it up, then target practice

either that, or... another good idea for this not to be a total waste may be to buy another one of the same screen complete, so for the money you spend on one more, you'll wind up with 2... you could then use them both, or sell one....

are you planning on using this for a pc? if that's the case, you may be better off just loading the target gun right now
        MY NEWEST INSTALL:modded infiniti fx with big screen

first windows carpc install........my liquid cooled LVDS screen :D

Comment

Hey Turbocad6,
          thanks for your reply and breaking the 3 day silence.

I said in my 1st post that I have traced one of the pins to the two fuses on the board. This is the fat trace shown on the back of the board.
          This is connected to the large pin furthest to the RIGHT.
          I am talking about the large pins that go through the board not the small connector pins that these connect to.

If you look at the pic of the connector (from the top) you can see that none of the connector pins are connectde by a trace to this large pin.

Sorry if this is really long winded but I want to try to make my point clear.

I have manahed to traced pins 3 to 7. These are the number of the LARGE PINS from left to right (in the pic below).

What could I be looking for other than fuses for the 12v?
          Thanks a million in advance.
          Attached Files

Comment

a meter would help here, just set the meter to continuity(ohm's) & one lead to the fuse, then check the pins for continuity(beep)...

this is usually a good way to identify the ground as well... that last picture, the hole on the upper right, with the large flat trace connected to it, is most likely a ground...

Comment

Hi turbocad6. I figured the ground out already but I could not find any of the small pins that went to the fuses! They all went to small components and just run round the rats maize.

However, I've just noticed that the small board that the connector is soldered to is DOUBBLE SIDED!
              So as well as the connector board being bolted to the main board with spacers in between, there are a few traces underneath the connector.
              (See 2nd or 3rd pic I linked)

See

So using the multimeter, I can see small pin 4 is connected to large pin 1 and both are connected to the fuses!

But do I rig it up and watch it burn?

Anything else to check before I possibly kill this b'stard of an LCD?

Cheers

P.S. Can you see the pics I linked to in the 1st post?

Comment

NECVOX FD-2680 Pinout

Here's the pinout of the LCD 15 pin connector.

Trace to the Fuses = +12v
                Pin 2 = Ground

Any Ideas which pins are video?
                Attached Files

Comment

It's Alive!

Got Power! - Woohoo!
                  Now for composite Video. But with so many pins left - which ones?

Has any one any info or know what I need to look for?

Or is it just going to be lucky dip?
                  Attached Files

Comment

???? I don't know how to tell much more from what I see...

Comment

I linked a load of pics of the PCB front and back and the pinout of the connector - the 1st few components they go to.

What would you need?

I could show where the traces run on the PCB from the pins?

Is it a bad idea to just guess the video pins because they're on 2v?

Any help is really appreciated. I don't want to blow it now!

Comment

what would I need? I would need to know a lot more about electronics than I do

I did look at your pictures, & I really wouldn't know more than I already offered.... if it was mine, I think I would power it up, then take a video feed, ground the ground of the video signal, & then just touch it quickly to each pin... before I did this I would check the remaining pins for voltage though, & avoid anything with voltage initially... THIS IS ONLY WHAT I WOULD TRY, & probably not the "correct" way of doing it, but I would try that if all else fails... don't blow it up & blame me though, only trying to help

sorry, I wish I could tell you more...

Comment

Cheers anyway Turbocad,
                          I think it's the only way. V=IR isn't getting me anywhere

However, before I kill it 1 last Q

I can use the Ground that I've already connected (along with the 12v) for the video ground? Can't I?

I've been looking at this PCB for too long.

Comment

yes, that ground is no problem

Comment

cool beans!
                              Here we go...

Comment

Working...
                              X