Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tm720ts

Hi everyone,

Before i start, i wanted to let you know i tried searching "720, TM720, TM-720,720ts..." and the list goes on. So far, no reviews or opinions about it. The screen seems a very good price and almost too good to be true. I'll probably end up purchasing this item but was hoping to find some honest reviews before I buy.

Here is the link if anyone is interested or has already purchased.

http://www.digitalww.com/TM720TS.htm

Thanks for the help. I'll post more info and pics if I end up buying it.

Hi everyone

Here are my first impressions of the screen, i'll start with the bad:

1.) The left and right sides of the screen enclosure are not equal in length...kinda wierd.
    2.) No Auto-On feature as of yet. I'm not an electronical engineer of any sort so i don't really know what to do to overcome this.
    3.) No ciq lighter adapter (not really a huge deal though)

Here is what i like:

1.) The screen is cheap! $200 shipped if u live in US, i live in Canada but it still the cheapest i was able to find.
    2.) I have taken it apart and played around with trying to fab a bezel for my mazda 3 and the LCD still works! I read before that the lilliputs were really sensitive to problems regarding loose cables and what not.
    3.) I think the image is pretty decent. I dont have any experience with other Lcd's but i found that in 1024*768 the image was clear and text was readable but just a little hazy. 800*600 was pretty crisp.
    4.) The buttons come with enough slack to relocate the switches if you want.
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the quick review. I was also looking at this screen too. What are the dimensions of the screen itself? H X W?

Is this a rebadged Lilliput?
      05 Acura TL
      CarPC 99.99% Done

Comment

I'm not sure if it's a rebadged lilliput. According to Armen, He said they use the same panasonic panels as the xenarc does. The screen claims 400nits.

I slashed up the housing for it so i can only give you the pics for just the screen outside the housing.
        Attached Files

Comment

Here is another thing about this LCD you guys might want to know.

I installed it via a Molex connector through my computer and upon closer inspection there are faded shaky lines that are going through it. I think it is some sort of power issue/ grounding issue...i'll "search" up something i read before about ground loop isolators.

Just thought you guys and gals might wanted to know about it.

PS. does any1 know a quick fix for it?

Comment

One more thing about this monitor. Mine takes about 4 - 6 seconds to come up.

Comment

yeah, i noticed that it takes a while to turn on. Do you just always push the power button with yours or use the remote?

Comment

It dows not matter. One way or another it takes 4 sec.

I noticed anoher thing. In the menu (VGA mode) color temperature "User" does not give me any option to change colors individually. Brightness does not work in VGA either. It works in Video only. Same applies to contrast.

So far I have not noticed problems with the picture in VGA. I will let it run for few hours and see if there is any problem.

My monitor has a minor issue with touch screen. Touch screen area ends 2mm short at the top. Therefore not all screen is touch sensitive. However I think I can live with it.

Comment

Anyone managed to get it display 800x480 true resolution?

/Erik

Comment

Originally posted by Biggles View Post
                    Anyone managed to get it display 800x480 true resolution?

/Erik
                    No. Besides most RR skins are 800x600 making it less desirable.

Comment

Originally posted by mrcanngo View Post
                      I installed it via a Molex connector through my computer and upon closer inspection there are faded shaky lines that are going through it.
                      I think I see what you are talking about. I can see it on dark objects only (almost black). I think it is a refresh frequency (60Hz) beating against monitor's lamp frequency (who knows what it is). My gues is lamp frequency is quite low by design which makes the difference being of few Hz and as result slightly visible.

Not sure what can be done about this. Some time ago I was thinking about replacing monitor's lamp with super bright white LEDs. It would be really cool.

Comment

I bought 3 of these LCD's from armen and all three have that touchscreen issue about 2mm from the top of mine too. It is livable with since i won't be touching that high anyways.

Out of curiosity, how did you guys power up your Tm720 's? Did you connect it straight to the battery like the diagram recommends? i thought this would be bad so i didn't.

Did anyone also notice that you can't put it in standby via windows? I just tried before I left today to put my laptop in standby and it gave me an error about some touchkit driver still installed. I"ll look more thoroughly tonite but just wondering the results from others.

Comment

Originally posted by mrcanngo View Post
                          Out of curiosity, how did you guys power up your Tm720 's? Did you connect it straight to the battery like the diagram recommends? i thought this would be bad so i didn't.
                          Currently I am running it from ac/dc converter supplying exactly 12VDC. Manual states it can tolerate more than 12VDC but I would not risk it. I am in the process of designing/building 12VDC unregulated to 12VDC regulated converter. Generally speaking it should consist of two switching regulators:

- boost (UP) regualtor to convert 12VDC unregulated to 20VDC regulated;
                          - buck (DOWN) regulator 20VDC to 12VDC.

Hopefully I can get parts by Christmas (I prefer not to pay for the parts and get free samples that might take some time).

Comment

I'm hoping my m2-atx can power it and a hard drive and some other usb devies up...

I found that in the manual on page 8 it says

"should there be no video signal input to the unit, a NO SIGNAL sign displays in a blue screen background and after 5 minutes of vacuum input, the unit would be powered off automatically."

On mine it says "Disconnector" and it doesn't seem to turn off when i put my computer in "standby"... I thought doing this should give a similar effect.

Any input other users?

This is with the usb touch screen not installed. When i do install it i can't even put it into standby because of an error that says "cannot enter standby because of touchkit USB driver try updating your driver"

Comment

http://www.schorsch.com/kbase/glossary/luminance.html

Not sure if anyone cares about this LCD anymore but after some more research I did by looking into the past posters, this screen is similar if not exactly the same as the VM7100.

Following some links, the VM7100 is stated by other users to only have roughly a 280 cd/m2 brightness. According to Armens website, the TM720TS is 400nits.

The above link i posted states that 1cdm/2 = 1nit.

Does this mean that this screen is actually 400 cd/m2???
                              For $200 that is a pretty reasonable price for such brightness that can rival Xenarc.

Any thoughts?

Comment

Working...
                              X