Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waterproof LCD --> ATV computer

Hey,

I'm planning to build some sort of a computer for an ATV that would handle GPS, engine/drivetrain status, MP3, radio, DVD/CD, microsoft functions...etc, but have been looking at PC and LCD options.

Is www.autonode.com the only place to get good rugged/vibration/extreemly waterproof LCDs? They are very costing, and was wondering what others have done to get a decent product that is waterproof and effective.

As for PCs, I found www.littlepc.com. I have no idea if this is what I want, but what would yall suggest for the best vibration/waterproof application for an ATV?

Thanks for you help,
    -Andrew

Before you spend money on autonode, read these 2 thread first
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...light=autonode
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=88150
    2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
    89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
    Y2K Accord Dell GX150
    RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
    EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

what are my other options then?

Can a lilliput be made waterproof?

Comment

i gots one of dems cf-29 panasonic toughbooks... mines got a touchscreen, and a transmissive (easy to type on) backlit keyboard... that combined with my auto mount, combined with internet card = awesome. i spent around $5000 on mine though... i've dropped mine twice, (once last weekend lol... it happened to be raining out, and landed in a huge puddle about 3" deep lol)... (it fell outta the sling case)...their great machines

Comment

Originally posted by rhurley View Post
          what are my other options then?

Can a lilliput be made waterproof?
          Sure, but it is ALL about the money at that point. What you want won't be cheap, unless you do it yourself. And, that can be done, just takes some ingenuity.

Michael
          ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

Comment

Working...
          X