12v on allens lcd controller....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12v on allens lcd controller....

I`ve probably got everything wired correctly, but I thought I`d better check before I hit the power switch and risk destroying everything. How's everyone wired +12v and GND up on allen rubble's controller? I`ve spent ages searching these forums, but I am still just as confused, since there is conflicting/vauge information.
    At the moment I`ve got 12v wired to pin 2 of the VGA input set of pins, and GND wired to the threaded nut which says "+12V" by it. I think I might need to connect GND to pin 1 of the VGA input set of pins, instead of the threaded nut, but i`m not sure.
    Could someone here who already has a working allen controller setup (arby?) confirm that i`ve got this right or wrong... Thanx

PS: Does anyone have any info/datasheets about the LG LCA4VE02A screen? I soldered up my own hirose cable, and i wanted to check that i`m not gonna plug it up backwards (me = paranoid ).
    My Setup

here ya go...
    connection datasheet

~mike
    Single Member of the "1000 Post and No MP3 Car" Club
    PROJECT ON INDEFINATE HOLD... BOUGHT A HOUSE
    2000 Cavalier Z24 [###-------] Only 30% Done ... Still

Comment

That's the hirose cable part of it. He's talking about the vga connection

I ONLY used the 1 and 2 pins for power. Nothing is connected to that hole. Everything works fine on mine.
      www.arbybean.com

Comment

Re: 12v on allens lcd controller....

Originally posted by MikeHunt79
        PS: Does anyone have any info/datasheets about the LG LCA4VE02A screen? I soldered up my own hirose cable, and i wanted to check that i`m not gonna plug it up backwards (me = paranoid ).
        Originally posted by Arby
        That's the hirose cable part of it. He's talking about the vga connection
        he wanted the hirose cable connections too

i also only have power on pins 1 and 2... nothing on the threaded hole... but then again i havent hooked mine up to a screen yet.

~mike
        Single Member of the "1000 Post and No MP3 Car" Club
        PROJECT ON INDEFINATE HOLD... BOUGHT A HOUSE
        2000 Cavalier Z24 [###-------] Only 30% Done ... Still

Comment

Re: Re: 12v on allens lcd controller....

Originally posted by mp3z24
          he wanted the hirose cable connections too
          oops
          www.arbybean.com

Comment

Cheers Arby and mp3z24, i`m now 100% sure about the power, i`ve now resoldered it.... Also, thanx for hirose pdf, that helped as well.... my hirose cable i made is wierd though, as the screen doesn`t have a hirose connection on it.... It has the same connector as a laptop hd, but I`ve now figured it out (just incase anyone has a similar setup, pin 1--> :::::::::::::::. <--pin31 ).
            Thanx again 4 your help, I can`t wait 2 test it out tomorrow.
            My Setup

Comment

Working...
            X