Convert stylus TS to finger?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Convert stylus TS to finger?

I've got an old Fujitsu LT C-500 tablet PC laying around that I would like to use as a supplementary monitor and input device connected to my "real" PC via a network.

So far I've got it working pretty well, but it's really annoying to have to use a stylus or fingernail instead of a fingertip.

Has anyone out there figured out a way to make a stylus TS responsive to a fingertip using only SW?

Don't have much hope, but I thought I would ask.

TIA

Not possible, the pen itself is what is used to determine the position of the cursor and whether or not it has been pressed, which is why it needs batteries.

Comment

Originally posted by tom61 View Post
      Not possible, the pen itself is what is used to determine the position of the cursor and whether or not it has been pressed, which is why it needs batteries.
      Thanks, I was afraid of that.

I was kind of thinking that maybe the driver discards touches which are too "vague" meaning too many elements have been "hit".

I thought maybe this was why a fingernail (small) works and a fingertip (big) does not; why a Q-Tip works and a pencil eraser does not.

I was hoping that there was some way to set a parameter in the driver to accept "bigger" touches more typical of a fingertip.

Anyone?

TIA

Comment

The LT-C 500 has a resistive (vs active like in the new tablet pc) digitizer (and the pen does not requre batteries).

I am sure it is possible but I am not sure how one would go about doing it. My guess is it is written into the firmware somewhere as it is built into the palm-rejection part of the LTC.

So in a nutshell it is probably possible but it would be a pain (and probably not economically feasable) to do it.

but thats just a guess.

c-ya
        Chris.
        -----------------------------
        Dell P2 400 Laptop (reworked)
        GPS Mouse -w- Iguidence
        802.11 Realtek PCMCIA Network card
        Custom Laptop Stand

www.chrisrowland.com
        ------------------------------

Comment

Working...