Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2006 A6 2.0 TDI SE MMI LCD screen upgrade.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 A6 2.0 TDI SE MMI LCD screen upgrade.

Hi Guys

I am a newbie to the forum so sorry to be picking your brains already. I have recently took delivery of an A6, the broker I brought the car through screwed up and I am now stuck with the Cd rom navigation MMI Plus version with monochrome screen. I can live without DVD nav but would like to upgrade the screen to the colour version that comes with the MMI DVD nav system...

Is it simply a matter of removing the old Lcd and plugging in a new one with the existing wiring loom?

would it be possible to connect an aftermarket unit in the place of the original screen without changing the wiring?

If it is simply a matter of plugging in a new screen does anyone know where I could pick up a OEM screen from? or a suitable 7" screen to fit in the existing space.

The vehicle is on lease so I cannot radically change dash hence my looking to simply swap the screen with a colour cersion. Thanks for your help enjoy your new year celebrations.

This is a forum dedicated to CarPCs. Your question is specific to your stock navigation unit in your Audi.

I would recomend finding an audi specific forum and ask your question there.

It's not that you won't find your answer here, it's that you're more likely to find it there and more likely to find it quicker.
    Jan Bennett
    FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Different forum

Yes, you can upgrade your screen but it,s not plug and play

click on the navplus link
      Paul Huijgens

Audi technician
      former Saab technician

Mp3Car.com Forum
      SaabCentral forum
      Dutch Carputer forum
      Navplus forum

Comment