Datalux 10", for those of you who own one:

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Datalux 10", for those of you who own one:

To those who own the LMV10R model (or similar), are you guys satisfied with this display? Im thinking of getting this to replace the dennisk kit I currently own, its just not bright enough for the FL summer! What I need is something that you can plug and go (plug in vga, plug in a/c, get video) and bright enough for direct sunlight. Theres one on eBay with a buy it now of $250. What do you (those whom are familiar with this particular display) think?
    '03 BMW M3 6 spd.
    Black/Imola Red
    19's

Shuttle XPC w/ AMD 1800+
    Opus 150w
    Lilliput 7"
    Wireless internet through my P900 and bluetooth

Definitely do not get it. It's an LMV10R, which is an older model that requires you use either:
    A. An old 5V video card.
    B. A newer lower voltage (3.3V i think) video card with a VGA amplifier. Also these types of monitors had a "bubble" in their displays in the top left corner that happened quite soon after being used for a short time. It doesn't hurt the display at all but makes it look like its cracked when its not on.

You want at least an LMV10R2 *note the 2 part*

Also most datalux screens you will find are 200 nit, which is just enough for direct sunlight but not great. I have a Datalux LMV10R2 and just purchased a 350 nit screen to replace it (it will use the same controller, housing, and touchscreen interface however)

Comment

What difference would it make if the video card was old or new w/ 5 or 3.3V? There is not "voltage" supplied in the vga cable except for the RGB, each of which is 0.7V. Am I missing something? Please explain...

Thanks

Comment

Wish I knew more about it...I really do...but that is the explanation that Ron at Datalux customer service told me. He was right though, when my old LMV10R would not work with my GeForce, yet for some reason would work with my old Cirrus Logic, getting a VGA amplifier box fixed it so that it *would* work with my GeForce. Also the LMV10R's have trouble using an extension cable, you will also need a VGA amplifier if you plan on using one.

Comment

*sigh*
          Well thanks for your help man. Saved me some hassle. Well Im back to where I was 2 months ago, looking for a screen! ;/ Are those 6.4" composite video deals on eBay really that bad? They say the resolution is something weird like 1027x264 (something like that). Isnt that kind of strange? How would you get decent computer video on that???
          '03 BMW M3 6 spd.
          Black/Imola Red
          19's

Shuttle XPC w/ AMD 1800+
          Opus 150w
          Lilliput 7"
          Wireless internet through my P900 and bluetooth

Comment

The composite screens are tv out, so you'll need to run 640x480 most likely and bump the text size to get it readable. and 1026x264 is the total number of physical pixels on the screen, but they're counting each red, green, and blue pixel as an individual pixel, so its really more like 324x264. And a vga lcd is night and day compared to a composite lcd.
            -Nick

Comment

hey Supermatty,

could you tell me a little about the replacing of the backlight you are going through? I have a RB model, but I have not yet installed it, so I don't know if it will be bright enough. Mine is the touchscreen version, is yours? Are you replacing the whole screen? or is there a way to just add more lights back there? Pardon my ignorance, I'm a little afraid to dig in there and start taking stuff apart...

Comment

Working...
              X