Fold-out Touchscreens - some suggestions/advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fold-out Touchscreens - some suggestions/advice

I'm trying to find a touchscreen that slides out of a head unit (or a head unit shaped device!) but don't know what to look for. Ultimately, I am going to use this with a Mac Mini setup, so I'll ask the Mac experts over there fore advice on driver compatibility. For starters though, can I have a suggestion or two here please?

For info, I'm in the UK, so if it's something in the US that you're suggesting, I'll need to be able to get hold of it somehow.

I'm not fussed about getting something brand new - second hand on eBay is fine - nor am I after loads of features, it just needs to slide out of view discretely and work as a touchscreen, not make the coffee and drive the car for me too

Thanks for any suggestions - slowly the pieces are coming together for this project

Moved to LCD/Display.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

like this? http://www.cartft.com/catalog/il/506
      Visit my site V8 Scimitar

SP13000, 300GB SATA HD, 1GB DDR. Opus 150, K301 screen, Cisco WIFI, AQmax GPS, RoadRunner and FreeDrive, Sony MEX-R5 head unit. 4 years installed and it just keeps running!

Comment

Originally posted by v8 scimitar View Post
        Yeah, although this one (a bit cheaper) looks to do the job (states Mac OS X drivers):

http://www.cartft.com/catalog/il/628

Do these types of screens ever come up on eBay?

Comment

Originally posted by v8 scimitar View Post
          Although presumably this would work just as well?

Out of interest, do these come up much on eBay? Likewise Carnetix P1900 power supplies?

Comment

who knows?

so you might save $20....or you can float around the classifieds section here and see if they pop up.

I'd trust the classifieds here before I would fleabay...
            Jan Bennett
            FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Originally posted by lloydi View Post
              Yeah, although this one (a bit cheaper) looks to do the job (states Mac OS X drivers):

Do these types of screens ever come up on eBay?
              i can't recommend that K90 i bought it from that store, 800x480 resolution what is native doesn't work okay. Picture is scaled and i have powerstripped (advanced display settings tuning) sacrified many nights to get a decent picture.. and i haven't success on that.

in 640x480 resolution picture horizontal lines are okay, and 800x600 vertical lines are fine, but even when i tried to combine those timings (vertical and horizontal) to get a decent 800x480 picture is fuzzy, unclear and scaled.. so if i draw a one pixel wide line from top left to bottom right it won't look good.

Comment

cornelius see my reply to your other post its not the screen its your pc the screen will display 800x480 just fine if the mobo is native to that.

The one I posted will work fine with a mac too they all use the same touch screen drivers. Dont think you will find many of them on ebay but you will find alternatives. Have a search but buyer be ware not all good deals are.
                Visit my site V8 Scimitar

SP13000, 300GB SATA HD, 1GB DDR. Opus 150, K301 screen, Cisco WIFI, AQmax GPS, RoadRunner and FreeDrive, Sony MEX-R5 head unit. 4 years installed and it just keeps running!

Comment

Originally posted by Cornelius View Post
                  i can't recommend that K90 i bought it from that store, 800x480 resolution what is native doesn't work okay. Picture is scaled and i have powerstripped (advanced display settings tuning) sacrified many nights to get a decent picture.. and i haven't success on that.

in 640x480 resolution picture horizontal lines are okay, and 800x600 vertical lines are fine, but even when i tried to combine those timings (vertical and horizontal) to get a decent 800x480 picture is fuzzy, unclear and scaled.. so if i draw a one pixel wide line from top left to bottom right it won't look good.
                  I have the K90 and have never had an issue running 800x480, its very clear..... maybe it all depends on the graphics card you are using?
                  Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
                  4X MK808b
                  3x Perixx Touchpads
                  3x 7 inch Screens
                  1X 7 inch motorized Screen
                  1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Working...
                  X