Touch screen keyboard

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Touch screen keyboard

I need to be able to put a onscreen keyboard on my monitor. Do any of the monitors such as Lilliput or Xenarc come with software to drive such an app or is it all aftermarket?

Any recommendations

thanx,

jh

XP has an OSK built in.

Nothing to do with the monitor. Monitor only displays stuff. The touchscreen overlay only does a mouse. Nothing proprietary about TS's. So it is all software side. Frontends have OSK's, and then the built in XP one, although it is a tad small for my taste.
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Osk

Thanks for posting.

Understand about the overlay, but not up to speed on some of the jargon. What are front ends?

Any recommendations on vendors?

Thanx again,

jh

Comment

OSK = On screen keyboard.
        FrontEnd = Application which is touchscreen friendly and encapsulates all your programs such as music player, gps, video player, and web browser but makes them look different. Bigger buttons and such.

I use RR (RoadRunner) because it is free. It is not easy to setup, but once does it is great. Streetdeck is available for purchase from the mp3car store for $200. There are many other pieces of software available, but those are the most popular. Also an entire subforum under "Software" then "Frontends" that has a good list of all available ones.
        Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
        1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
        30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
        15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
        Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Working...
        X