Wow you people are fast! LCD Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow you people are fast! LCD Question

Okay, now that we know we need amps, on to the LCD... I knew nothing about them when I woke up this morning, and after 8 hours or so of finding parts online I think I understand the basics. We're gonna want to use detailed and text-heavy apps (GPS maps and such, HTML text-editors on the road...) so we need a VGA LCD screen 6.4"-11" in size. NTSC and PAL video formats won't be clear enough. Any tips as to where I could find some incredibly cheap LCDs, then? We're on a spare-change budget so there's not much room for experimentation

Thanks again, carputer gurus!
    - Strix Varius

search the LCD forum...

Search around the lcd forum. Many people here are selling theirs as well. So check the classifieds too. But I believe that there are several posts around here about cheap ones. Top right...SEARCH button "chep lcd"

Places besides here...ebay of course and Earthlcd.com there are a bunch of others, but search here before you buy. there are all sorts of things you need to look into ie. brightness/nits . you may get a VGA screen that isnt viewable in daylight. So be careful. If you find one, post a link here...there are a bunch of pro's on the board that will help ya out.
    I'm a ghost...email me if you have any questions on my old setup

My way outdated website: http://www.poboytech.net

FYI: I sold my 96 4Runner and bought a 1985

Comment

And for the love of God, please stop refering to TFT's as LCD and that goes for others

Oooh wait a minute, i use the word God. Is that allowed on this board
      abcd-1
      Author of CobraI,II,III and now CobraIV.
      You can contact me on AOL instant messenger....nick is cenwesi or cenwesi3

Comment

TFT LCDs

"And for the love of God, please stop refering to TFT's as LCD and that goes for others "

TFT LCD = Thin Film Transistor Liquid Crystal Display

TFT and LCD are (in this instance) not separate entities. Thus, a TFT LCD is an LCD screen that uses TFT technology to individually manipulate each pel.
        - Strix Varius

Comment

For clarity sake at the very least.. It is easier to refer to characer lcds as LCDs and tft lcds as TFTs.
          aka Kumaneko
          "Don't make me moderate your ***!"
          Maxima of Doom - project thread - photo gallery
          mp3car system is currently FUBAR and finances do not allow for a correction of that situation
          Real computer hackers use a rotary cutting tool on their motherboard.

Comment

Heh, really I should just keep my mouth closed, but im confused . I don't see any mention of TFT in the original post? is that in response to something else then?
            -Nick

Comment

Working...
            X