egg dead, how to power lilli independently

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• egg dead, how to power lilli independently

I was using my egg to power my lilliput tru the cig lighter and it friend...it no longer powers up. How can I power my lilliput now? I dont want to power the lilliput tru my PSU because the pc will be off during PS2 play...any ideas?

Did you check the fuse in the egg?
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

theres no fuse how can i get a regulated 12v without using the psu

Comment

http://store.mp3car.com/ProductDetai...Code=PWR%2D022

matrixpc had a homebuilt solution as well. It's here somewhere.
        System always under construction

Comment

Here it is. Check out the Power supply subforum.

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=82446

Comment

hmm that looks interesting except for I dont know what it means or how to do it...anything more simple? could i just cut off the egg and directly wire it to the back of the cig lighter? that wouldnt be 12v regulated would it? i dont want to screw up my screen.

Comment

There are only 3 options for you.
              - Buy a 12V POL from the site's store or else where.
              - Buy another egg.
              - Built the regulator base circuit that I post (or similar). There is another thread that deal with "how to power my screen."

If you hook directly to the back of the lighter, your change of smoking that screen is very high.
              2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
              89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
              Y2K Accord Dell GX150
              RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
              EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

Simple 12v regulator point of load can be made for under $10, as low as $3 if you buy the parts online. It wont handle much moe than 1amp but the screen wont be pulling that so it would be fine.

You can buy a premade POL of the mp3car store for $34. It handles more amperage allowing you to connect multiple devices. But it is more expensive.

Or as said buy another egg. If you can solder and arent afraid of making a simple circuit you should consider just building one, its more effective, cheaper, and the right way to wire a screen.
                Car : 00' Chrysler 300M
                Speakers : Rainbow Audio SLC 265 | Subs : Diamond Audio D6 12" Subs X2
                Amp's : Hifonics ZXi 6006 AB | Hifonics BXi 1606 D
                CarPC: HP Laptop AMD Sempron 3000+ | 1.5GB RAM | DVD+RW | 80GB 5400RPM HD | ATI R200 Video

Comment

I agree with Ruffy.

I have an older ITPS (one of these) I could sell you or I could build you a simple 12V regulator circuit. PM if interested. Or ask Greenman...http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=95338

Comment

Working...
                  X