No announcement yet.

Cracked Touch Screen!

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cracked Touch Screen!

I apologize in advance if someone has already posted on this subject, but I was unable to find it.

I had just finished molding my touch screen into my dash kit and was in the process of putting the screen back together and I managed to crack my touch screen! I'm such an idiot I know, but I'm over it for now and I just want to fix it. So the screen I have is uncommon and can be found here:

Rather than ordering a whole new screen I'd like to just replace the touch screen glass for a much better price. I've found lilliput replacement touch screens for sale that are almost exactly the same size. I don't anticipate the size being a problem because there is some extra space in the screen housing to accommodate the slightly large Lilliput replacement. The main thing I want to know is if the lilliput screen will work with the controller in mine. I believe they are both 4-wire resistive touch screens so I assume they would be interchangable as far as the controller goes but I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this.

I'd also like any other information on finding a good replacement glass for my screen if there are any really good sites around.

Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

just did the exact same thing.

did you find a replacement? which did you use?

thanks for any help
      95 Mustang 5.0
      Custom Case, VIA m10000, 512 MB, 80gig, M2-ATX, Slot Load DVD, 7" LCD Touchscreen

80% done

Armen is out of stock on the 7" touch panels except for the in dash one which uses the thin tail.

But, I do have the regular 4 wire 7" panels available.

will that fit the screen posted above? thats the exact one i have

whats the difference between what the regular and what armen has out of stock.

do you have a part number?
          95 Mustang 5.0
          Custom Case, VIA m10000, 512 MB, 80gig, M2-ATX, Slot Load DVD, 7" LCD Touchscreen

80% done

Hi, I haven't broke my screen yet but I had some problem hooking it up. I used the live free chat support on one of those Tech Support sites. The guy was very good and walk me through the steps.

I am sure you will find a solution there. Here is the page for Car Video Player Support Just click on live support its free.

Good luck!