if you re did your system....what screen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if you re did your system....what screen

would you go with...for a TS 7" i dont wanna get something that is gonna die out quicky. my buddies liliput died out? idk why
    M10000 mobo, low profile 512mb ram, 2.5" 120gb hdd, 80watt power supply

If I redid my system, I'd spring for the transflective.
    Gen 1: Pentium 3 1GHz - ATX - 2005
    Gen 2: Pentium M 1.6GHz - ITX - 2006
    Gen 3: Pentium M 2.0GHz - 5.25" SBC - 2007
    Gen 4: (coming soon: Core2 Duo - 3.5" SBC - 2009)
    ...it never ends

Comment

Transflective vote #2.

But if I didn't have a huge chunk of change to spend, I would stick with what I have. $200 lilliput ripoff from eBay Hong Kong.
      Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
      1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
      30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
      15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
      Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

trans...it's waiting to go in the car right now.

else, I still really like my 8" Xenarc.

not a single issue at all int he 2 years I've had it and the 10 or so times I've taken it apart when we take apart the car to rebuild it.
        Jan Bennett
        FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

out of the xenarc and lilipit...what one takes up less room for a 7"(like what screen is smaller and easier to mount) gonna be hard to do this how it is in a trans am

Comment

there have been quite a few trans am/firebird/camaro installs on this forum.

Easiest to mount? That's not realy a valid question, especially seeing as how you didn't give us any more information...like are you wanting to mold the screen in? are you wanting to keep the screen completely intact? where are you wanting to put it? all of these things will determine the answer to your question. Not to mention, the dimensions to each screen are pretty much identical and can be found on this forum or possibly even the store on this very web site.
            Jan Bennett

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

yeah its going where a headunit would normaly go. and i cant find sizes of the screens once its part. im not using the bezel and it will be 100% molded in. i saw the f-body thread and somereason curious's website isnt working anymore. i forgot what screen he used because mines going to be close to that.

Comment

if you're going to mold it in you HAVE to use the bezel. It's what you mold to.

You can't just mold to the raw screen...
                Jan Bennett

Comment

And there are places that sell spare bezels too for the popular lilliputs. So you can screw up a few times, and not worry too much about a couple bucks compared to a couple hundred!
                  Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
                  1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
                  30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
                  15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
                  Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

yeah. so im still wondering what monitor to go with

Comment

I just wish I had room for a larger screen. I'd love to have a 15.4" widescreen/narrowscreen.
                      Turbocharged 2000 Explorer 5.0 AWD, SCT tuning software, Carputer w/ Athlon XP2600 and 8" Lilliput custom molded into dash, Terk Commander XM, Rand McNally and MapPoint, bluetooth, and 802.11x

Comment

do you want someone to just tell you and you to blindly go that route?

if so...go lilliput...

if you are wanting to learn the differences yourself so that you know 100% why you made the decision you did and that the monitor will work for your situation, I'd suggest looking around a bit for the information you need.
                        Jan Bennett

Comment

I don't mean to be rude and I certainly haven't posted a lot here nor even installed my carputer yet. But RedGTiVR6, you always reply to questions like this. I can understand that he should read through the forums and search. But we don't all have time for that nor the money to re do our systems. So I think his question was a good way to get peope to share their experiances so he can make a better desicion.

Comment

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by zaytser View Post
                              I don't mean to be rude and I certainly haven't posted a lot here nor even installed my carputer yet. But RedGTiVR6, you always reply to questions like this. I can understand that he should read through the forums and search. But we don't all have time for that nor the money to re do our systems. So I think his question was a good way to get peope to share their experiances so he can make a better desicion.
                              I understand what you're saying...however his comment about: I'm still wondering what monitor to go with was answered....I said go with a Lilliput.

Then I encouraged him to research the options and what the differences are....for instance...a quick search would have netted him the following links (which I think were already referenced in this thread):

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=25185

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=42381

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=37468

Or perhaps a quick search in the Projects forum would have netted this:

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=50883

Which indicates that an 8" screen in possible in this car.

All that could have been found very easily...I just found it all in 5 minutes.

Regarding the comment about the time and the money...it probably just took me less time to do a bit of the leg work than it's taken him to wait on a response. Regarding the money...if the money is that much of a concern, I'd definately be searching for some answers rather than waiting for someone to provide them to me.

Sorry, but that's just me.

Transamfast - I still don't understand how you're planning on molding the screen in without using the bezel. Because of this, the measurements of the LCD its self are not necessary.

Heck, in that Xenarc thread I even took pictures of my 8" with a ruler to provide those measurements for people.

btw - I'd go with an 8 over a 7 any day of the week. I've had both, and there will never be any going back for me. Going froma 16:9 7" to a 4:3 8" is a night and day difference. WAYYYY more screen area there.
                              Jan Bennett

Comment

Working...
                              X