TView has "dead spot" in center

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TView has "dead spot" in center

My 7" touchscreen seems to have a developed a large dead spot in the center of the screen, which warps clicks around it, the sides are fine but as you get closer to the middle, the further the click is from my finger, despite callibration. It seems to either be getting worse with time, or getting worse with every callibration I do, do you think it's hardware or software and what can I do?

have you tried the linear mode calibration? (16 point)
    Pentium 4m 1.5GHz|MB896|Roadie Extreme|XM-Direct|Rikaline 6010|T-View 7"|Streetdeck|160gb Western Digital|1Gb DDR2-533 Ram

Comment

Originally posted by strohj View Post
      have you tried the linear mode calibration? (16 point)
      I did 4 point and 25 point, which one is linear? I don't have access to the machine right now to read the menu again.
      EDIT
      I'm a nub, I just saw the (16 point) No I didn't try that, nor did I see the option...

Comment

i remembered 16.. but 25 is the linear calibration...

sounds like you need a new touch screen
        Pentium 4m 1.5GHz|MB896|Roadie Extreme|XM-Direct|Rikaline 6010|T-View 7"|Streetdeck|160gb Western Digital|1Gb DDR2-533 Ram

Comment

Did you fabricate the touchscreen yourself? I.e. mold it into the dash?

If so, it's likely that you've squeezed the board too hard against the bezel and it's possibly losing accuracy due to that.
          For Sale: Carputer (CarPC) & RCA Y-Adapter
          Newsflash: Take a look at my unsold stuff above, thanks!
          Up Next: Make an OBD to Serial cable & Redo the "MMI buttons"

Comment

Originally posted by DJiK View Post
            Did you fabricate the touchscreen yourself? I.e. mold it into the dash?

If so, it's likely that you've squeezed the board too hard against the bezel and it's possibly losing accuracy due to that.
            Hmm, the thought crossed my mind, though it should have lingered because that certainly makes some sense and is a much more solvable problem.

I made a case for the case. It's a machined aluminum face with a square hole for the viewable screen area, pinned in place by a bent piece of aluminum that wraps around the back side and bottom.

Will it recover if I remove it and release the pressure? or do these screens tend to permanently warp?

Comment

Originally posted by SamuraiZ View Post
              Will it recover if I remove it and release the pressure? or do these screens tend to permanently warp?
              First of all, the LCD itself should be fine. It's just the touchscreen that might be squeezed in.

Though I can't guarantee that it'll fix your issue, I strongly suggest you to loosen the aluminum-made bezel a bit and test for yourself.
              The fact that there's a "bent piece of aluminum that wraps around the back side and bottom" adds to the likelihood of the issue even more.
              For Sale: Carputer (CarPC) & RCA Y-Adapter
              Newsflash: Take a look at my unsold stuff above, thanks!
              Up Next: Make an OBD to Serial cable & Redo the "MMI buttons"

Comment

Working...
              X