VM80 Touchscreen / software not working in Vista

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VM80 Touchscreen / software not working in Vista

I was half expecting this to not work. Has anyone got a touch screen working in Vista yet with the TouchKit software?

I disabled UAC, ran the install in XP compatibility mode and ran the calibration utility itself in XP compatibility mode but no bueno. I dont think the USB drivers are even installing correctly. I tried forcing them in legacy hardware add mode but Vista wouldn't take the drivers.

doh!

Any updates on this? I just emailed Xenarc for the heck of it regarding their TouchKit software.

-C

Comment

Why use Vista? Useless in the car...

This should/will work with XP and Vista (32bit only for both XP and Vista) for touchscreen controllers with a version less than 2.30B: http://www.cartft.com/support/driver...4.0.2.1929.zip

This should/will work only in Vista and only the 32bit version and only with a controller version greater than or equal to 2.30B: http://www.cartft.com/support/driver...4.3.8.4207.zip
      Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
      1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
      30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
      15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
      Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Hey thanks for the links - I am 64 bit thought....
        I don't want to get into a big thread about vista in a car, but it is actually quite nice, aside from these annoying driver issues. I like the interface alot, and it is nice to have the same methods to the madness on the home desktop computer as in the car. It'll probably get ripped out in a few weeks, since i can't get XM PCR to work either, but the novelty right now of Ultimate 64 in the car is still fresh.

Comment

BTW, the source for the drivers you listed says that they are for 32/64 XP or 32/64 vista:

http://www.cartft.com/support/drivers/TFT/

Now just gotta figure out what controller chip version mine is...

Comment

Originally posted by Chamberlin View Post
            BTW, the source for the drivers you listed says that they are for 32/64 XP or 32/64 vista:

http://www.cartft.com/support/drivers/TFT/

Now just gotta figure out what controller chip version mine is...
            I have never been able to get it to work in 64bit XP or 64bit Vista. Hence why I said 32bit. And no matter how cool it is, there is absolutely no reasoning to run 64bit anything as opposed to 32bit in the car. There is no argument. Music and GPS do not need 64bit bandwith.
            Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
            1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
            30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
            15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
            Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Just as an update, you can buy the proper updated controller (two different ones depending if you have 4 or 5 wire touchscreen) and install it yourself. I received instructions from Xenarc the other day. They have good support.

-C

Comment

Installed the new controller, and Vista 64 recognized it and everything.... but now the screen won't calibrate properly, so Xenarc is trying to figure out why.... may just be something pressing up against the board or panel when I re-installed it...

Comment

I won't run vista on any machine and damn for sure not in my car lol...
                  2005 Ford Mustang GT <- - - UPDATED PICTURES

2003 KAWASAKI Z1000 - CUSTOM MODZ

MBK (AIM = IllMBKllI)

Comment

Working...
                  X