Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I make my 10inch LCD motorised flip down???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I make my 10inch LCD motorised flip down???

Thats the question.. I have a 10inch LCD, which is too big for teh dash, so, I have decided to try and make it motorised flip down from the celing of the car.... I really want to motorised so that it can be hidden from view without the need for a catch or something, and also for the KEWL factor. Any ideas would be good, but please note this thing is quite heavy.. I have had a few ideas, but none are very practical.. THANX
    2 week temp ban (spam and complaining about deleted posts)
    register another account and you're gone for good.

sevo motor would work

www.sproggy.com

prolly duel servos for a 10"

cheers
    pcman

Comment

Yeah, I figured servos, but that would be expensive... over $AU90 and the screen only cost $AU200.. :P an easier way would bo to do it like a CDrom drawer does, when you press the eject button, the motor drives untill the drawer presses a button, then it stops. When you press it again, it drives again untill it presses another buttor.... Perhaps I could even use the circuit from an old CDrom drive.... not a bad idea..... but I am still not sure about the motor/gearbox.... would just a normal failry high torque gearbox be able to lift the screen to you think??? what sort of "pull" would the motor need?? some servos I saw had 5kg/cm and some non geared, very high powered motors had 1.3kg/cm @ 6500rpm.. if this was geared down it would have more than enough torque...... Also, while I am here, how hard would it be to make a new back cover for the LCD screen, ARBY??? I know fibreglass would look the best, but is it worth it?? if you don't know what I am getting at, don't reply.. :P lol
      2 week temp ban (spam and complaining about deleted posts)
      register another account and you're gone for good.

Comment

Working...
      X