Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hitachi TX26D88VC1CAB

Hello everyone,
    I have a "Hitachi TX26D88VC1CAB" LCD that I pulled out of an old Compaq laptop. When I unplugged the video cable, I noticed that it was unlike any I have seen before. If anyone can tell me whether or not this is proprietary, and give me a name for it, it would be greatly appreciated.

http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/5267/pict0117bq0.jpg

This is the adapter. It looks like an IDE cable, and has 30 pins, if that helps.

Originally posted by Bob_From_Mars View Post
    Hello everyone,
    I have a "Hitachi TX26D88VC1CAB" LCD that I pulled out of an old Compaq laptop. When I unplugged the video cable, I noticed that it was unlike any I have seen before. If anyone can tell me whether or not this is proprietary, and give me a name for it, it would be greatly appreciated.

http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/5267/pict0117bq0.jpg

This is the adapter. It looks like an IDE cable, and has 30 pins, if that helps.
    What are you trying to do. That does appear to be a standard TYPE of connectior, in that you can find/make something to mate with it, but there is no STANDARD to that connector, unlike say, a typical ATX or USB connector.

Michael
    ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

Comment

Oh, my...

That laptop display is DIGITAL (it has 6x3 bit color signal, vsync, hsync, etc.)
      The video signal is ANALOGOUS!
      Like water and fire. Absolutely impossible, forget it fast (or you need an abnormal expensive converter card).
      An expensive converter card, like PCIx690 is able to do that, but you need a free PCI slot and the distance is limited to approx. 20 inches or less.

The connector has no standard in old laptops. More modern laptops with 14.1 has a standard-like connector with 20 pins, but this input is more difficult (LVDS).

I think when you unplug it you have seen a fading middle (finally white), but backlight remains, because these things are independent, the PS of backlight is connected on the other side. But when you unplug the backlight, the image totally disappear and blackness remains...
      Alopecia perniciosa

Comment

Well, my goal is to make a monitor with RCA jacks that I can use in my car for playing Gamecube or something. I know the display is digital, and I would need to convert the signal somehow (I have read a couple FAQs and tutorials on the forum already). And yes, the backlight is controlled by another connector on the opposite side of the LCD.

So I guess what the next question would be is, is it possible to somehow convert the analog RCA signal from RCA jacks into whatever connector that is and a digital signal?

Comment

I strongly recommend you to buy a simple LCD TV, that has RCA input.
          There is one in my car, too.
          The brightness of laptop displays also less than LCD TV or desktop TFT monitors. The resolution of LCD TV is less, but after conversion your signal became worse in quality.

I think that task could exceed you knowledge. Besides it does not worth the effort. Believe me, I have done many thinks like that.

Answering your original question: yes, it is possible. But you have to overcome many problems, eg. the frequency, color conversion, etc. They are extremely difficult to do without special knowledge.
          Alopecia perniciosa

Comment

How am I to learn if I don't try it? I am not worried about spending time on this. I am a high school student without a job, I have as much time as I want.

All I want to know is what that connector is called, and the name of the adapter that I would connect to it.

Comment

That connector has no name, because it is not a standard. Every manufacturer uses its own. The name of the system that it use is: TTL RGB
              3x6 bits color digital signal, CLK, vsync, hsync, sometimes M.
              Data clock runs around 25MHz.

I think you have to start with smaller steps.
              Please, ask someone else, in whom you have more trust.
              Alopecia perniciosa

Comment

Perhaps this ebay kit might help you achieve what you want. (No affiliation with seller, just trying to help).

EDIT: This kit has more inputs, for $10 more.
                Portecho: Entertainment Technology News, Reviews and How-to's

Comment

Originally posted by sensibull View Post
                  Perhaps this ebay kit might help you achieve what you want. (No affiliation with seller, just trying to help).

EDIT: This kit has more inputs, for $10 more.
                  Those controllers are for LVDS interface LCD panels. The OP's panel is TTL. Will not work.

Originally posted by Bob_From_Mars View Post
                  Well, my goal is to make a monitor with RCA jacks that I can use in my car for playing Gamecube or something. I know the display is digital, and I would need to convert the signal somehow (I have read a couple FAQs and tutorials on the forum already). And yes, the backlight is controlled by another connector on the opposite side of the LCD.

So I guess what the next question would be is, is it possible to somehow convert the analog RCA signal from RCA jacks into whatever connector that is and a digital signal?

This has been covered a billion times. You can't make that panel accept RCA signals without an LCD controller. And, it will be cheaper to by a 10.4" video monitor on ebay than it would to buy the required componets to get that panel working. I see your desire to DIY, but using the panel you have is not the best choice to use for this project. Especially since you indicate you have no job. This is not a low dough project for someone who doesn't know anything about lcd panels. Save your time and your parent's money and just buy one of these http://cgi.ebay.com/THIN-10-4-TFT-Fl...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity View Post
                    Those controllers are for LVDS interface LCD panels. The OP's panel is TTL. Will not work.
                    My apologies. I guess I misread bbalazs's post, because I thought the panel in question was LVDS.
                    Portecho: Entertainment Technology News, Reviews and How-to's

Comment

Working...
                    X