Lilliput 701 and VGA sound.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lilliput 701 and VGA sound.

Ok guys got all me screen hooked up allright , front speakers work fine with radio etc..

but problem is as soon as i open the screen and it goes to VGA mode i get this very loud humming sound ? and the sound input does not work from the PC. it even does the humming sound when i dont have the RCA connectors plugged in to the VGA sound inputs

my rear speakers that run from a AMP work fine , but its just the speakers running from the screens amplifer ?

any one had this problem be4 ?

VGA sound?

That doesn't make much sense.

Anywho, have you checked your ground on this (what I'm assuming) fold out screen? Have you run your power and RCA wires on oposite sides of the car from each other?
    Jan Bennett
    FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

the stereo has 2 inputs for sound

1 is for an external video source

1 is for the composite imputs for the VGA... basically a couple of RCA connectors labeled VGA L and R ... basically they should work when VGa mode is activated , but for some bizzare reason do not want to , and would rather let off a nice high pitch sound.

all wiring is fine , just wondering if maybe its a problem with the unit ?

Comment

ok - looks like this is a case of not knowing the proper terms. no biggie.

how do you know the wiring is fine? Is your ground solid? are you 100% sure your ground is solid? how old is the unit?

I'm gathering that you're referring to this piece: http://store.mp3car.com/ProductDetai...Code=MON%2D020

I'm not real familiar with the unit unfortunately.

Did you purchase it from the store? Or did you purchase from another site?

From reading the Lilliput web page, it says it has 2 RCA video inputs and one sound. http://www.lilliputweb.net/ts701.html

I'm wondering if you've plugged sound into what should be a video input. In that case, it's just a simple misunderstanding of what the labels mean.

There is no such thing as VGA sound. VGA is a video standard.
        Jan Bennett

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

maybe i have not written this correctly

there is vga Sound , like i wrote above .. the sound that goes with the Vga video input are RCA connectors ( red and white) .

there labled VGA L and VGA R , there nothing to do with the Video source , i imagine they just turn on When the screen is activated.

everything is wired up correctly , trust me .. im thinking this must just be a problem with the screen? specially when it gets a large humming sound despite what i have plugged in.

when radio is just being used its fine untill u select VGA mode or VIDEO1 and theres a large humming sound and no sound input/output from the source.

thanks for the reply , but i really need a reply from some 1 who has the unit , as there no wot im going on about, thanks all the same

Luke

Comment

if you can't describe to me how the device is grounded, we have an issue and I cannot beleive that you have it installed properly.

again, I will ask, where did you buy the unit!?
            Jan Bennett

Comment

i bought the unit from ebay

sound is pluged in to the sound ports red and white and not the yellow RCA

ground is 100% solid , everything else works fine ... its grounded off the headunit grounding black wire... ive also tried it on a ground point on my car to no avail.

after looking in the other thread looks like 2 other people ahve the same issue , ive tried activigint it in the engineers menu but tht didnt work.

Comment

Working...
              X