Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LCD Controller Question

Hey,

I think I got what was a good deal on e-bay. $60 for a NEC 10.4" LCD Display (Model No. NL6448AC33-18 (Ok so the res isn't that great on this model 640x480 and 200nits I believe). A NEC LCD inverter board, ELO Touchsystems 10.4 glass touchscreen (SAW), ELO touchscreen controller, LCD flat cable and inverter cable.

I want to hook this up to my PC and realize I need a LCD/VGA Controller. I did some research and saw the Digital View ACG-1024 would work. The cheapest I found this board was for $133.00 from Digi-Key. Is there any other boards out there that would work or a cheaper solution? Thanks in advanced.

I probably bought one from the same person... same kit, no controller... same price... If you find a good source let me know...

Boards I've found that work with this display:

ACG-1024
    AC-9511VGA
    AC-9512VGA
    AC-1024V3
    AC-0800
    SVP-1280
    MAV-1280

Comment

Also some boards from Earthlcd.com but they're overpriced...

keep looking on ebay maybe someone won't know what they have, lol

Comment

If you have an EpiaM board with the lvds connector on mobo, you can do it without any additional board.

Just need a special connector (the mating pair to the mobo connector).
        Alopecia perniciosa

Comment

Originally posted by bbalazs View Post
          If you have an EpiaM board with the lvds connector on mobo, you can do it without any additional board.

Just need a special connector (the mating pair to the mobo connector).

Wrong.
          The NEC panel the OP refers to is a TTL panel, not LVDS.
          The RGB-01 module for Epia might work, but it is a long shot for that panel.

Comment

Please, read more carefully.
            I was speaking about the connector, not the module. Therefore I have referred it as 'on the mobo'. Unfortunately it is called LVDS connector
            EVEN at the official description.
            Of course, I checked the panel type before posting the reply. I do not want to mislead anybody...
            Alopecia perniciosa

Comment

Please, read more carefully.
              I was speaking about the connector, not the module. Therefore I have referred it as 'on the mobo'. Unfortunately it is called LVDS connector
              EVEN at the official description.
              Of course, I checked the panel type before posting the reply. I do not want to mislead anybody...

I see. I mis read.
              In any event, you would need the RGB-01 module to connect to the LVDS port. Then you would eed to have a custom cable made to connect the RGB module to the NEC LCD panel. And, given that TTL is only good for about 14" or so of cable length, this is mute anyway. Not practicle for an in car setup.
              Unless you have gobs of room and can mount the screen and mobo in dash.
              Of couse the OP did not mention where he wanted to use it.

Comment

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/vbcl...p?do=ad&id=119

Comment

OK, accepted.

But regarding the pinout (in the EPIA M manual) of the motherboard LVDS connector, I think there is no need to transform the signals for a ttl rgb panel. The signals over there seem to be perfect to drive a ttl rgb panel (except odd-even types). I stongly believe, that RGB-01 is nothing else, but a connector-connector panel. As I can see, that motherboard side connector is a unique one, so this board would not contain active elements...
                  (Saying, without watching ever that rgb-01 )
                  Have anyone ever owned that rgb-01 panel?

The cable lenght is limited and you have to prepare the cable, as Motorcity said.
                  As I remember, your screen is just 640x480, so the limit is not so strict.

The LCD driver PCI card usually does not solve your problem with cable lenght limitation, unless it has an LVDS or TMDS (sometimes DVI) output, but in this case you also need a receiver board, that converts the signals back to ttl rgb for your panel.

I personaly have a PCIX690 with tmds and a receiver on the other side, with a 9ft cable for my old 12' toshiba TFT.
                  I purchased it several years ago, when normal TFT LCD VGA monitors were extremely expensive. Nowadays, it does not worth the money and effort, I think.
                  Alopecia perniciosa

Comment

OK, accepted.

But regarding the pinout (in the EPIA M manual) of the motherboard LVDS connector, I think there is no need to transform the signals for a ttl rgb panel. The signals over there seem to be perfect to drive a ttl rgb panel (except odd-even types). I stongly believe, that RGB-01 is nothing else, but a connector-connector panel. As I can see, that motherboard side connector is a unique one, so this board would not contain active elements...
                    (Saying, without watching ever that rgb-01 )
                    Have anyone ever owned that rgb-01 panel?
                    I do have the RGB-01 module, and have tried it on several panels. No luck.
                    I see your point with the pins on the motherboard already being TTL, but I think the RGB board is needed to convert those signals to work with the LCD panel.
                    THe H & V sync, as well as Clock and signal timings are not correct off the board, so the RGB module does the work to ready the signals for the panel. There is a chip on the RGB board, it is not just a pass through to a different connector.

But anyway, I will just stick to using LVDS. Much more user friendly, and a lot easier to connect a panel to.

Good luck OP.

Comment

Motocity, in this case I have to confess, I was wrong. But according to my knowledge, I am unable to understand why the designer of the EPIA M did it on the way like that.

As you wrote,you have the rgb1 board. Which chip is on it?

In my case, as many laptop screens I tried to connect to as many video card that is able to drive them, I was successful. I was also successful to connect DSTN displays to TFT video chip and vice versa (of course, where the video chip was capable to drive them at all). There was no problem. My only help was a sipmle multimeter. Therefore I was brave enough to say that.

I deperately need that connector, because I have possibility to use a 150MHz oscillosope, and so I can identify the signals or compare them to the signals coming from an old laptop.

I have to know at least the type of the mobo connector to have the mating part. Can you help me?

Oh, another thing: You have tried it CONNECTING TO the rgb1-board?????
                      I was convinced, that board serves to drive ttl rgb panels, right???? There was no picture at all, or distorted/noisy/running picture?
                      What could happen WITHOUT rgb1 board?
                      Alopecia perniciosa

Comment

Hi.just joining the discussion for some advice. I have a display panel that i got from a Toshiba laptop (m/n 2410-s205) screen part number(Toshiba 15 Color LCD Module (XGA) - P000347380). Can you suggest a controller board i can use with it. Thanx in advance.

Comment

Motocity, in this case I have to confess, I was wrong. But according to my knowledge, I am unable to understand why the designer of the EPIA M did it on the way like that.

As you wrote,you have the rgb1 board. Which chip is on it?

In my case, as many laptop screens I tried to connect to as many video card that is able to drive them, I was successful. I was also successful to connect DSTN displays to TFT video chip and vice versa (of course, where the video chip was capable to drive them at all). There was no problem. My only help was a sipmle multimeter. Therefore I was brave enough to say that.

I deperately need that connector, because I have possibility to use a 150MHz oscillosope, and so I can identify the signals or compare them to the signals coming from an old laptop.

I have to know at least the type of the mobo connector to have the mating part. Can you help me?

Oh, another thing: You have tried it CONNECTING TO the rgb1-board?????
                          I was convinced, that board serves to drive ttl rgb panels, right???? There was no picture at all, or distorted/noisy/running picture?
                          What could happen WITHOUT rgb1 board?
                          Even with a magnifying glass, my eyesight is too poor to read the marking on the chip. but, it is small, very small.

Yes, I made a cable to connect a 10.4" TTL lcd panel to the RGB board. The cable was 10" long, and I triple checked my connections and pin locations. Nothing. Zip Zero Nada. Nothing was on the display.

I do not know what could happen without using the RGB board, I have not tried it and I do not plan to.

Originally posted by wired48 View Post
                          Hi.just joining the discussion for some advice. I have a display panel that i got from a Toshiba laptop (m/n 2410-s205) screen part number(Toshiba 15 Color LCD Module (XGA) - P000347380). Can you suggest a controller board i can use with it. Thanx in advance.

None of those numbers help. What brand is the lcd panel? Toshiba, AU, Sharp, etc?
                          and what is the exact model #?

BTW, using a laptop panel on a pc has been covered before. In fact, that topic is beaten worse than a rented mule around here.

Comment

the m/n for the panel is LTM15C425L. Some how the mule still lives. Thanx

Comment

Originally posted by wired48 View Post
                              the m/n for the panel is LTM15C425L. Some how the mule still lives. Thanx
                              doses the label have " replaces hsd150px11" on it?

you can use this: http://cgi.ebay.com/VGA-TFT-LCD-Pane...QQcmdZViewItem

or:

http://cgi.ebay.com/VGA-AV-S-TV-TFT-...QQcmdZViewItem

or:

http://cgi.ebay.com/VGA-AV-TV-TFT-LC...QQcmdZViewItem

I have no affiliation with this seller. And, be prepared to get lost in translation.

Comment

Working...
                              X