X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Newbie question about a video camera

Hello!

This is my first post here.

I watch the CAN BUS of my 2006 Prius with a Lilliput 629GL-70NP screen connected to a V4 CAN-VIEW which is plugged into the OBDII port. The power for the 629GL comes from the OBDII port. The 629GL is equipped with a female RCA input (yellow) for video. My question is, will a video camera such as this http://www.supercircuits.com/index.a...OD&ProdID=5628 transmit a video image when plugged into this video input when the 629GL is on using the power from the OBDII port?

I seriously tried to search the site for an answer and confess I didn't know where to start. If the response is that I need to search for the answer, some suggestions for how to search would be welcome.

the transmitting of video is not dependent on the screen. The camera you posted states that it needs a 12 VDC power source. You need to tap that line into something like your reverse lights so it turns on when in reverse. Once it has power it can send images. I think the Lilliput doesn't have an auto detect video line. You will need to switch sources in order to see the camera.

Comment

I think some models of lilliputs can auto detect but it is done through the remote hack.
      Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
      1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
      30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
      15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
      Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Working...
      X