No announcement yet.

CD-ROM in in-dash monitor mod?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CD-ROM in in-dash monitor mod?

I am looking for an article about modding a in-dash non-motorized VGA monitor by puting a DVD-rom into the empty space? Have anyone seen it and kind enough to point the link to me. TQ.

edit: Oh , I read motorized, well use the search button , its been done lots of times before.

what empty space are you refering to? I'm confused by the post. What monitor are we talking about.
      Its not the cards you're dealt, its how you play the hand!

Originally posted by ryuandwings
      Where can I get a roll of tin foil?
      I been looking for that all over the net, but I can't find it.
      Please help.

I don't quite remember what monitor is it? the is unused space at the bottom of monitor just like the link where they install a DVDROM or a CDRom? The link is very similar but is not the one i am refering too. But can be use as a referred.

I believe this is what you're looking for - modding a Xenarc 700-IDT to put in a slim optical drive in the empty space below:

Edit: nevermind - I see this was already posted - for some reason my PC hiccupped and couldn't open the link so I just searched and found it myself - then noticed the thread ID.. O-well I stand by my post!

CarPC v2.5 up and running - all hardware installed, skin configured, and iG tweaked like crazy. Now for OBD-II, and voice control, and camera plugin, and... :nutz: - it never ends!