TV and stuff in my VW bus

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV and stuff in my VW bus

Hey, i'm new here, as you might have guessed. I want to put a tv, dvd player and xbox in my '71 vw bus, but i don't know where to begin. I'd like to know how to integrate it so that the sound comes throught the car's stereo. I also want to make a switch board to easily switch between devices. I have no idea what i need to do this, or where to start. any help would be greatly appreciated.

I would really suggest doing a bit of searching as all of the information can be found on this web site.

There is a how-to on the stereo located in the FAQ emporium as well as an entire sub forum about car audio.

As for a switch, you probably don't need to MAKE anything since I'm sure a switch board is already made.
    Jan Bennett
    FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Orange View Post
      Hey, i'm new here, as you might have guessed. I want to put a tv, dvd player and xbox in my '71 vw bus, but i don't know where to begin. I'd like to know how to integrate it so that the sound comes throught the car's stereo. I also want to make a switch board to easily switch between devices. I have no idea what i need to do this, or where to start. any help would be greatly appreciated.
      Oh, that would be cool though. I had one of those vans eons ago, and they are just plain fun. Ride like ****, but fun. You could probably put an entire server bank in that thing!

Mine had this 4 ft long sunroof, with about a 3" handle you had to hand crank to open it. After a few hundred turns and a tube of Ben-Gay for the shoulder, it would open a few inches. Finally got smart and rigged it so I could put my cordless drill on it instead. It was the only VW Bus I knew of with a 'Power Sunroof'

Anyway, do as Red said and search your heart out, you'll find tons of ideas.

Good luck!
      Working on - 2006 Cadillac Escalade with all the TOYS!

COMPLETE! - 2002 Cadillac DTS - Summer 2008 - SOLD SUMMER 2010

COMPLETE! - 1998 Cadillac Deville Concours - Summer 2007 - SOLD SUMMER 2008

Comment

thanks for the replys, i can tell this site will be an invaluable resource

If i got an lcd computer monitor, is there a cable i could get to hook an Video jack to it, so it would be like a tv?

Comment

Another thing that you can do is order a mod-chip for your x-box, then you will be able to swap the HD with a bigger one so you can put different emulators and roms on it, pls save your games to the HD, basically set it up like a carpc with some limitations of course...
          MY INSTAllS:

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...e-install.html

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...tallation.html

Comment

AO. The first thing you might want to consider is upgrading to an alternator and adding a second battery to your bus. If your planning to use any of these when camping its a defenite must.

The stock generator in your bus is only 38 amps. And I'm not confusing the terms; its a generator, not an alternator. After the power all the car electronics take, you are not left with many free amps to run your car pc or other toys.

71 is a good year. Power brakes, screaming dual port motor. Is your bus a Westy?

Im currently fixing up a 68 Westy Weekender.

Comment

VW Bus

Hey I am currently restoring a 76' weekender bay ad i was wondering if anyone has ever installed an additional alternator perhaps a 250 amp with a deep cycle battery. if anyone has any additional information or advice would be much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
              X