XM/Sirius Merger Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XM/Sirius Merger Question

If XM and Sirius are allowed to merge, does anyone know if there will have to be new hardware you will have to buy? Will they keep the same receiver?

Sirius announced yesterday that all old radios will work if the merger goes through. Of course they will make new units but they will not penalize their current customers.

Comment

The "yet to be publically announced" video portion of sirius/xm will not be supported on the old units. But the music will continue to be supported.
      Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
      1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
      30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
      15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
      Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

I for see in the future they will pick one format and phase out the other. It makes sense to continue to make units with two different standards, the one with the most features and growth will win out.

Originally posted by 2k1Toaster View Post
        The "yet to be publically announced" video portion of sirius/xm will not be supported on the old units. But the music will continue to be supported.
        I was wondering the other day why they don't broadcast video. I figured it had to do with bandwidth issues. Any ideas on what quality they will provide?

[offtopic]
        OMG, the forum merges double posts. Interesting.
        {/offtopic]
        ODYSSEY

Originally posted by Tidder
        Hey, as long as it's not any particular race I'm offending, I can stand to be a pedophile.
        All information expressed in this post is my opinion, and should not be regarded as a statement of fact.
        Digital-Car UK|

(\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(")

Comment

Working...
        X