Acoustik sub install help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acoustik sub install help

I have 2 subs with 2 sets of coils, says 4 and 8 ohm setups figured that was it but cant get sound when hooked up to the amp, when using one set of coils. amp is 4 ohm.

1) Wrong forum. This is a carputer forum.
    2) wrong section of the forum.
    3) more info is needed.

What amp is it? what output, how many channels?

What subs are they?
    Xenia & Isabelle, totally in love!

'T SQiekenkot: VOLVO 740GL 2.3

CarPC: none at the moment
    CLARION HX-D2
    CLARION APA4300HX => Fountek NeoCd1.0 + TB W4-1337SD
    CLARION APA4300HX => CSS Trio8
    CLARION APA2100 => Dayton IB385-8

Comment

sorry bout that just needed a lil help and i was going to join the forum anyway since this is my next project.
      subs are acoustik f? cant remember 4 or 8 ohm setup 2 set of coils amp is a 2 channel 4 ohm setup dont know the brand this isnt my setup this is a friend and he called me i dont know why he isnt getting sound he said amp is getting sound hooked up another speaker just no sound from these. i thought u could just use one set of the coils and i guess i was wrong so thats the help part how would he go about doing it right.

Comment

Still not enough info to make up anything. I'd contact your friend and get as much info on the subs and amp, before I can sugest anything. The output and impedance of both is very important. Without it I can't help you out.

Is the amp stable at 2 Ohm or is it a fleamarket thing that can only handle 4 Ohm? If it cant go under 4Ohm you're screwed.
        Xenia & Isabelle, totally in love!

'T SQiekenkot: VOLVO 740GL 2.3

CarPC: none at the moment
        CLARION HX-D2
        CLARION APA4300HX => Fountek NeoCd1.0 + TB W4-1337SD
        CLARION APA4300HX => CSS Trio8
        CLARION APA2100 => Dayton IB385-8

Comment

Working...
        X