This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie question please help with indash screen

Hi i am very new here and to the whole scene. Barely got my c player hooked up. Well i bought a ALpine cva-1006 for a ok price i think but need to know how i can test it. The price was good so i didnt have the person hook it up to show me. I knew i hsould have but...... Anyway is there a way i can test this unit without having to hook it all up. I would like to make sure it will power on and what not before i go waste my time buying things for the install. Any help would be great.

And this deals with a vehicle computer... HOW?
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Well how about being a little helpfull and point me in the right direction. Like i said im new here. Just looking how i can test this thing to see if it works without hooking it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Insane18700 View Post
        Well how about being a little helpfull and point me in the right direction. Like i said im new here. Just looking how i can test this thing to see if it works without hooking it up.
        Understand that this is a forum about putting computers in vehicles.... Your question has nothing to do with the focus of these forums.

And if you want to test it that headunit, you're going to have to hook it up to something to get power to it....
        Even if you do get power to it, what all are you going to test? That it turns on? That a DVD or DC plays? how will you know it works?

It's a freakin' headunit. Get a wiring harness for your vehicle, plug it all up and test it in your ride.
        How about the Wiki?

Comment

Talk about rude. Like i stated man im new. Dont be a ******* prick. If you got a problem dont reply. I asked a simple question and posted it. Then i post it somewhere else cuz you say it doenst belong here and you ***** about that. If i wasnt new to all this i would have tested it already. **** you dick head

Comment

Originally posted by Insane18700 View Post
            Talk about rude. Like i stated man im new.
            Being new isn't an excuse for refusing to pay attention to the content of forums before you post something completely related to the content of the forums.
            I don't go to a forum about dogs and ask questions about my cat with distemper.
            Why?
            If I have to answer that for you, then you need more help then I, or any member of any forums will be able to provide.

Dont be a ******* prick.
            OK. I'll be a moderator, knowing full well that in your eyes, they are probably one and the same.
            As a moderator, I'm doling out an infraction for flaming. Any I dea who the recipient is?

If you got a problem dont reply.
            I didn't have a problem until you started calling me names in a PM because you got a warning about crossposting.
            You violated the rules and you got a warning for it. If that makes me a prick, OK, I'll be a prick.

I asked a simple question and posted it. Then i post it somewhere else cuz you say it doenst belong here and you ***** about that. If i wasnt new to all this i would have tested it already. **** you dick head
            You posted in another subforum here!
            Regardless of what subforum you post in, you're still at mp3car.com. Perhaps you didn't bother to check out all that gibberish in the address line of your browser. Perhaps you don't knwo what that gibberish means. Perhaps...
            No, I'll take the high road here, no matter how little it's deserved.
            Instead, I'll publicly post my reply to your PM and close the thread.

Originally posted by Insane18700
            Instead of being a dick you think you would help out a new person. Thanks for being a prick. Ill go else where.
            Instead of following the rules of these forums and showing some common sense, you're going to call me names. Very mature.

The fact is, you're asking about testing a piece of car audio hardware. As I told you on the publicly accessible forums, mp3car.com is all about installing computers in vehicles. You got all indignant when I pointed that out to you, never mind that it's the truth. Perhaps you can't handle the truth?

While personally, I won't miss you when you "go elsewhere", you're actually better off.
            Why?
            You're far more likely to get an answer in a timely manner from other internet resources.
            Why?
            Because the forums at mp3car are focused on installing computers in vehicles, which I told you in the public forums.

So out of spite, you're actually helping to solve your own problem. Since you want to blame your "leaving" these forums on me, then I'll take responsibility for directing you "elsewhere".

How's that for being a prick?
            How about the Wiki?

Comment

Working...
            X