Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screen problem

I have a 1024 by 768 screen and is there any fronts that run that big

not sure which window manager you're running but I'm sure there's a way to increase the font size. Usually you have to edit a conf file.

- Tam -

Comment

hehehe, he said fronts. I think he means front ends.

Comment

lol true! he did say fronts :P my bad, well mythTV is scalable you might want to check that out. it's also skinnable.

Comment

thanks for ur input its been helpful and i wondering can u run myth tv from a live cd

Comment

I'm not sure if mythtv is available on live cd. Even if it is you're gonna have to reskin it for car applications so unless you wanna redo it everytime you boot off your live cd you're better off installing myth and skinning it and then having linux boot load up your window manager then right into your carpc version of mythtv.

You might want to check out knoppmyth, it's a debian based mythtv install. the basic window manager is fluxbox and it boots right into the mythtv frontend. The nice thing about it is that it is super easy to set up. I've installed it on a PVR box I use at home. Works flawlessly and it was a 45 min install from start to finish. (that's also provided you're familiar with the debian package manager) IMO it's not as good as portage(gentoo). but it's still pretty easy.

Anyhow hope that kind of points you in the right direction,

- Tam -

Comment

thanks i just wanted to test it off the live cd before i create a linux partition on my hard drive but i just found a hard drive in my office so

Comment

Working...
              X