CRT out / VGA out

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CRT out / VGA out

OK guys I searched for a very stupid computer NOOB question and found no definitive answer. Can the CRT out on my laptop be used with my Xenarc 700TSV.
    Is CRT the same as VGA? If not is one better than the other?
    Thanzx in advance.....

CRTs are VGA, well most of them. your laptop has a LCD panel and not a CRT which is a tube type display.

As long as you can find a way to wire it up, it will work as a VGA moniter.

Comment

He is asking if the VGA connector (bluish/purplish usually) can be used, and yes. VGA output goes to CRT monitors. CRT is not a video output standard, it is a type of monitor that supports the VGA standard. Just like DVI outputs (more rectangle-ish and usually off-white) go to usually LCD monitors.

The Xenarcs and Lilliputs use standard VGA connections, so to answer your question yes.
      Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
      1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
      30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
      15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
      Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Originally posted by Z1truth View Post
        OK guys I searched for a very stupid computer NOOB question and found no definitive answer. Can the CRT out on my laptop be used with my Xenarc 700TSV.
        Is CRT the same as VGA? If not is one better than the other?
        Thanzx in advance.....
        CRT means cathode ray tube which is a type of display ( a television , or a computer screen ) , VGA means video graphics array , it is a type of port.

So , no CRT is not the same as VGA , one is a display , one is a port.
        The Xenarc is a LCD which is a liquid crystal display , it is a display like the CRT , the type of input on a LCD can vary , but on the Xenarc it is VGA , so yes , if your laptop has a VGA port on it , you can plug it to your xenarc.

Comment

I win.
          Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
          1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
          30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
          15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
          Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

wow, he's lucky, three people all answering him... and all saying the same thing, lol

2006 Mazda 3
            Behringer DCX-2496
            JL300/4 Focal 6W4311B Focal TN52
            JL500/1 JL10w6v2

Comment

WOW!!!!! THANK YOU GENTLEMEN! I mean that sincerely! I appreciate your help!
              The issue is will the 15 pin CRT out from the laptop work with the VGA in on the Xenarc. Look here at the Notebook picture ......
              http://www.rjtech.com/d900cp.htm

I am assuming it will but I just wanted to double check if there is a difference in the signal going out of the laptop if the output is called CRT (like in the picture) or VGA.

And again thanks again!

Comment

Its called VGA , or D-Sub ( number 1 ). The person who made the picture must have been confused. And yes it is going to work.

Comment

Originally posted by kevinlekiller View Post
                  Its called VGA , or D-Sub ( number 1 ). The person who made the picture must have been confused. And yes it is going to work.
                  Thats what I thought! I hate type-o's especially when you are a noob! LOL!
                  Thanks very much!

Comment

Working...
                  X