Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kino-9452

Hey All,

Since Kontron Australia are freaking liars and keep changing the price of there boards everytime i get a quote, I am leaning towards buying a KINO-9452-R10 in Sydney Australia.

I would like to know has anyone bought or tried this boards and can you tell me if the BIOS supports display of 800X480? I'd also like to know if it can support the C2D T4700 cpu.

The main reason for going with this board is the fact that it can do dual display and had HDTV out as well as two audio stream support.

The cost of the board is heaps cheaper than the Kontron 986LCD.

$385 + GST

So if anyone can tell be how this performs, I've be very greatful

Cheers
    Kosti
    New Car PC Build list in progress

Bump - Anyone tried this or recommend it?

Comment

I have had this board installed in my car for the past 7 months now with a core duo 2 GHz CPU. The onboard sound card works great assuming you can find the proper drivers for it, (don’t trust the CD that comes with it). I have not tried the HDTV output yet, also make sure that they send you the required HDTV dongle for the board it is supposed to be included with it however the never sent it to me until I called and complained. Regarding the display setting when I look in the windows display settings I do not see an option to run this in 800X480 however it is using the Intel 945GM chipset which is supposed to support that resolution setting. About a month ago some one on these forums posted a custom driver for this chipset to support 800X480, just do a search and you should easily find it. The manufacturer has yet to create any BIOS updates or patches or even post any existing drivers for the board on their website. I have run this board in temperatures from -20 to 120 and have not had any issues so far. I live on the east coast and the only vendor or this product that the manufacturer recommends is UMA computers out of NJ. I would strongly avid doing business with them especially with Mike their sales man. He is very nice to talk to however he screwed up my order 5 times and charged me for shipping every time and is horrible at returning phone calls. Also make sure you order the proper cooling fan for it, they advertise 2 versions a tall one and a short one however they only sell the short one no matter what they tell you. Hope this review helped.

Comment

Hi mate,

Indeed the sales people here are the same - slow and not willing to push the manufacture for the information. I also inquired about the fan and they only told me about the smaller one, but since found there was a larger one available.

To order the board it seems I will need to wait 3 weeks for it and like you said there are no drivers or bios updates as yet.

I really need to get this off the ground, so this week I will push them for answers otherwise I'll head back to a commell or even the over priced Kontron board.

Thanks for the feedback Diesel300s

PEACE
        Kosti

Comment

It's been a long time since I updated this thread, I will post some pictures of the Kino-9453 that I bought in a day or 2.

Apparently they included a BIOS update on the CD for 800 x 480, so hopefully this will work for the resolution.

Cheers
          Kosti

Comment

Nice to read that someone is although using an iEi Kino Board.
            I bought mine through ebay and unfortunately there where no Driver CD included.
            Now i'm struggling to find the appropriate drivers for the tv-out function. I found Informations on the internet that you need a "special" patched driver to make the tv-out functioning. I contacted iEi through their website but no answer yet.

Maybe someone of you can send me the driverpackage that was included on the CD?
            Seems that the Kino board isn't that often used out there.

thanks bum

Comment

Hey M8,

If you log onto the IEI web site, (u have to register) you should be able to find the drivers on the OEM CD.

I could send you a copy of the file u need which board is it u bought?

I have the Kino-9453

Comment

I already registered to their website, but there are no Drivers...only manuals and BIOS Updates. And still no reply from their support.
                I have a 9452.

Comment

I do mot think theres a huge difference between the boards, why dont u grab some of the 9453 drivers and see if that works

Comment

They have the board. http://www.logicsupply.com/products/kino_9452. They are always abit more pricey, but they have good customer support and test the board for a small fee.
                    Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
                    4X MK808b
                    3x Perixx Touchpads
                    3x 7 inch Screens
                    1X 7 inch motorized Screen
                    1x Win 7 PC

Comment

I also can't find any drivers for the 9453 on their website

Comment

Send then another email keep it simple and just ask for driver CD for the board

Comment

Working...
                        X