Audiophile Carputer...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audiophile Carputer...

I'm in the process of planning on building a carputer... and after reading a lot on this forum I sill have a couple of questions for you guys...

Can I run a 3 way + sub active system,with time alignment EQ and crossovers by just using a carputer?

Would it be safe for the tweeter and mids ? because of the pop thats is generated when the system is switched on/off??

Yes, you can. Many people have audiophile-qulity sound via a PC. Some of our members even compete in SQ competitions with their computers... And win!

The "pop" can be eliminated if you set your system up properly.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

so you mean they take care of all the processing via the pc not an outside processor like H701?

Comment

thanks dp, i've been reading different threads and am interested in assembling a computer based audiophile system. the only reason i introduced myself by describing my audio hardware was for you to understand where i'm going with this. i basicly want a large cache of media with studio-like play back. please help me compare via,pentium,apple,etc. also sound cards & software. as i said i have very little computer knowledge but i think discussions with the people in this forum can get me there. well what do you guys think?

Comment

Millee - I would suggest reading around the forum and starting the comparison yourself.

I also would not jump into other peoples threads and try and direct it towards yourself. You will be better served to start a new thread for yourself.

regarding studio quality sound...

Talk to Durwood, he's taken the processing on the PC and implemented it.

I was in the process, but just simply don't have the time to mess with it right now and the 701 works great for me currently.

I will say this much, you had better put your reading and your thinking cap on. This kind of a project is not for the meek. It will take a good deal of time to understand it, let alone implement it.
          Jan Bennett
          FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

to redgtivr6, i appologize for redirecting this is the first forum i've been on. i thought i was replying to darquepervert. i've been reading & studying for the last two weeks. i'm ready to go, i'm just sure where i'm going. as far as thinking caps, i'm even smarter than focal guy (lol) and very tenacious. i would love to talk to durwood. i think it might be better if he e-mailed me directly or something. thank you.

Comment

smarter than focal?!?!?!?!
              MY NEWEST INSTALL:modded infiniti fx with big screen

first windows carpc install........my liquid cooled LVDS screen :D

Comment

no no no. there is a thread in which someone presents himself as a focal rep and then makes a fool of himself. all you guys just tore him up. mine was just a little joke.

Comment

yeah, I know... I still think it's funny, but being smarter than him ain't saying much either
                  MY NEWEST INSTALL:modded infiniti fx with big screen

first windows carpc install........my liquid cooled LVDS screen :D

Comment

I don't think he presented himself as a focal rep, only a Focal fan...

please, please, please don't confuse the two...he's quite honnestly a disgrace to the name.

Feel free to post all you want.

Start a new thread in the car audio section, that's what I would suggest you do.

Forums are really easy to use, they just take some getting used to.

If you want, I'll even start the thread for you...
                    Jan Bennett

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

touche'. back to topic

Comment

Yeah back the topic...

RedGTiVR6 I read lots of your post I'm in the process of doing the same but not to the extent of changing opamps

Basically what I want to know is what sound card suits me... I want xovers T\A and eq for each separate channel... and I want to have all this without needing any outside processor like the H701...

And if there is such a card with such software... is it safe? when I switch on off the computer a pop is heard... wouldnt that damage my tweets?

Comment

I think you need to keep reading...

The answer to your turn-off thump question is all over the place.

Get a good power supply and it's not a problem.

If there were one sound card that had all of the software already built in, we would all be running it.

It doesn't exist....yet?

Search in the car audio forum for "software tuning" and read the ENTIRE thread.
                          Jan Bennett

Comment

lol, but you may want to go get a nice big bowl popcorn, a big drink, get into some comfy cloths, put some good music, and be ready to be there for a while, cause its a long thread on its own not to mention you can't get through a single page without having to go refrence and research something else first.

Totally worth it though

2006 Mazda 3
                            Behringer DCX-2496
                            JL300/4 Focal 6W4311B Focal TN52
                            JL500/1 JL10w6v2

Comment

I see
                              So I guess 3way active with TA and EQ can be done but it's not that easy and I need to read more.

But the question is this... whats the cheapest way to go?
                              Second hand H701 + controller and soundcard with optical out or very good sound card + software?

And can you direct me to some good articles so I expand my knowledge please

Comment

Working...
                              X