Noob to car pcs, looking for advice on the wiring side of things! :D

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noob to car pcs, looking for advice on the wiring side of things! :D

hi all. Im a computer veteran so that side of things isnt so much a problem, the audo wiring however is!

here is my plan..

Car: 2003 VW Golf R32,

7" screen in dash, with 10" mounted in the glove compartment.
    med-high spec car pc, all the normal things you would expect, gps reciever, wireless etc etc. and a 10" sub and amp in the boot.

My question now is, as im a car audio noob. how do i go about wiring it all into the speakers etc whilst integrating the new sub/amp. im aware the golf already has an amp but im guessing the connections would be different?

first thoughts make me think that it goes carpc > amp > speakers. is that right?

ive looked and am still looking through the site but if anyone has any tips before i dive in the deep end its appreciated

thanks

Originally posted by 2Tall View Post
    My question now is, as im a car audio noob. how do i go about wiring it all into the speakers etc whilst integrating the new sub/amp. im aware the golf already has an amp but im guessing the connections would be different?

first thoughts make me think that it goes carpc > amp > speakers. is that right?
    You're correct, so long as you intend to go without a heandunit.

ive looked and am still looking through the site but if anyone has any tips before i dive in the deep end its appreciated

thanks
    My tip:
    Start reading in the FAQ Emporium, if you haven't already.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

thanks Darque. im looking now.

Just been doing some research, if i wanna have 5.1 surround im gonna need to buy a new amp as i only have a 2 channel one at the moment yes?

any reccomendations?

Comment

Working...
      X