new to this

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new to this

this is a general pc question. i have never thought about putting a pc in my car and would like to know the best way to do it and if i could run vista or not (i can do the dash work for the screen i just need to know about the hardware). i was curious if there was software that would allow me to use touch lcd. i also dont know much about prices and would like to know about how much a setup like this would cost (7" lcd p.c. ect...). i know this is a noob question but any info would help

First welcome, then before you get beat over the head, is your friend.
    There is tons of info to answer almost any question you can come up with. You can run vista providing you buy the hardware to run it. There are many choices on screens, touch(which allows you to use the screen to operate your pc) to nontouch. Multiple options on keyboards, mice, remote controls. Almost anything for a home pc can be adapted to a carpc. Take a look at mp3cars' site for hardware, it will atleast give you an idea on cost, some have done it for 500.00 some have thousands between their audio and their pc, I am on the middle to upper scale, neither is right or wrong just your budget and wants. Again welcome and browse the site, you will be hooked within the hour.

Comment

- You can run any OS you want to your carpc as long the computer your putting to your can support the OS requirement.
      - Normally the software (or the driver) is packaged with the LCD touch panel.
      - With regards to prices, check out the store.

HTH.

Comment

I'd like to point out that there are stickeys that other members have written specifically to help out in situations like this.

Namely, there's a stickey at the top of the "newbie" forum you just posted in.

You can find it here:

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/newb...ere-start.html

There's also the FAQ forum, which can be found here: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/faq-emporium/

All of your questions can be answered in these areas.

The price of a PC completely depends on what all you have done to it and the components of the pc its self.
        Jan Bennett
        FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Working...
        X