Hello from new member

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from new member

I hope to find the answer to my problem here, I am a Newbie so please take that into consideration, Thanks. I have a Ford 150 with built in Sirius Sat radio and single CD unfortunately when I bought the vehicle the salesman told it would play MP3 cd's. When I finally got around to making an MP3 disk I found it did not. I now also have an iPod mini and several laptops. What are my best options for connecting any of these devices so I can play them through my
    vehicle's sound system.

Originally posted by scoooter1 View Post
    I hope to find the answer to my problem here, I am a Newbie so please take that into consideration, Thanks. I have a Ford 150 with built in Sirius Sat radio and single CD unfortunately when I bought the vehicle the salesman told it would play MP3 cd's. When I finally got around to making an MP3 disk I found it did not. I now also have an iPod mini and several laptops. What are my best options for connecting any of these devices so I can play them through my
    vehicle's sound system.
    Do you know (or can find out) if it has any available stereo line in ports?

Road Dog

Comment

You must have AUX IN ports in the back of the stereo. And an input selector on he radio. They sometimes sell an addition to the stereo in BestBuy or Circuit City. This addition adds on an auxiliary port.

Comment

I think it's unlikely you'll have inputs on the back of that radio, but check first.
        If not, then your options would be (cheap) to use an FM modulator, or one of those casette adaptors (if it has casette)
        The other option would be to replace the radio with one that accepts RCA in (or AUX in) on the back of the unit. Or...illiminate the radio all together and use amps.
        Check out the FAQ's, or search for the "how to get sounds" thread. (I think it's in the FAQ section.
        AtmosUSA.biz, E-Cig Mods
        "A great smoking alternative"

Comment

Nothing in the back

I don't know if there is any ports in the back none in front though the AUX button just cycles through 3 different satellite ports sat1-3.

Comment

Working...
          X