No announcement yet.

Running NCK-5...missing onscreen keyboard

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running NCK-5...missing onscreen keyboard

Dear all,

I am a rather newbie in the area of carpc and navigation, am living in Germany and working as engineer for electronics (space-electronics).

For my (technically perfect 4x4-VW-Bus) car I am looking for a combined system for navigation.
    I have installed a small 800MHz-Laptop and via 2m-cables a separate touchscreen with a resolution of 800x600 pixels.
    So far the technical installation works for me.

For the 2 main areas I want to navigate to, I need probably at least 2 different programs:

1. One for navigating offroad (N-Africa) using scanned maps and sat-pics
    2. Another for navigating in Europe

For 1:
    I am testing OZI-Explorer and TTQV and I will have to decide for the best of them. Some hints from anybody?

For 2:
    I have NCK-5 and it seems to fullfill my needs. May be, later on, I will update to Navigon NavigatoR 2.

One main drawback, I could not yet find a solution for, is the missing onscreen keyboard for NCK-5.
    Searching for this in the forum gave me some hints, but the handling is mostly a bit difficult.
    2 days ago I found in a message 2 files named "" and "" with really nice keyboards, but I could not get them running in NCK-5. Can anybody give me some hints to this?

Thanks in advance

I use the keyboard that comes with roadrunner. If you make a small change in the skin, you can make the keyboard appear. You'll have to resize the screen for NCK for that but you can find on this forum how to do that

Any 3rd party software (free) options that anyone likes? One that will work outside of StreetDeck while in windows?
      All installed, and ready for visitors. Infill G4 in a 2007 Saturn VUE