Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobo Reccomendation? (searched)

Hello all,

This forum is awesome. It is a little overwhelming at first but i have been doing lots of reading and am starting to get things figured out. I am an IT professional, and am of the mindset that i need the biggest, fasted, high power computer around. I don't think that relates to Carputers though. I have been trying to figure out what kind of mobo i need. I would like to do the following.

Navigation
    CD/DVD Playback (DVD not really a big deal maybe not needed at all)
    Mp3 Playback
    WiFi
    AM/FM Tuner

I am looking for the fastest boot/hibernate speeds possible. I would also like to seamlessly listen to radio/mp3 and do navigation at the same time. I have no desire to play any games, emulators, etc with this carputer. Just navi, music, and the occasional web surfing. I would like keep this project as cheap as possible, but not so cheap that i sacrifice a good stable environment. I would rather buy a more expensive quality mobo and not have to add too many extra components like sound and video cards. I was thinking Mini-ITX is the way to go??? I have read many mixed reviews on the VIA stuff, and thought there might be better options. Also i was a little confused to the PSU. Like the M1-ATX or OPUS. Are these DC-DC ATX power supplies? Do they also work for Mini-ITX? I am a little confused to the connectors are they the same?

Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.

THANKS!!!

from the look of it you dont really need a high power system for your setup.
    Take a look at these

Intel D201GLY Little Valley Mini-ITX Mainboard
    Integrated Intel® Celeron® 215 processor, 1.33Ghz with a 533 MHz system bus
    SiS662 Graphics and Memory Controller (Northbridge) and SiS964L I/O controller (Southbridge)
    10/100 Mbits/sec LAN subsystem using the Broadcom* LAN adapter device
    1x DDR2 Memory Slot supports up to 1GB
    6x USB 2.0 Ports

VERSA C7 2.0GHz VIA Mainboard
    Fast VIA C7 2.0GHz Processor
    Integrated 128bit 2D/3D VIA S3 Graphics UniChrome Pro Processor
    DDR2 memory support
    Serial-ATA, IEEE 1394 (Firewire), USB 2.0 and 10/100 Mbps Fast Ethernet
    TV-out (PAL/NTSC): VIA VT1622A TV encoder

VERSA C7 1.5GHz VIA Mainboard
    Fast VIA C7 1.5GHz Processor
    Integrated 128bit 2D/3D VIA S3 Graphics UniChrome Pro Processor