Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• psu config....

Hey everybody....GREAT site...! wow...

Need some input here....I have everything ready for my first carpc...except for my psu....Here is what i'll put in my superb 2001 plymouth voyager!

- AMD Athlon™ 64
    - Asus A8N-vm motherboard
    - 1 gig ram
    - 15'' LCD
    - Slim slot DVD/R
    - GPS / street and trips 2007
    - Wi/Fi
    - Portable internet 1.5 mpbs / (Rogers in Canada)
    - bluetooth keyboard
    - track ball mouse

Oh well, thats about it...!

Here is my question....

I'm planing to buy a '' OPUS 250W/320W Intelligent DC-DC PSU '' does it come with all the connector ? Do i need to build my own ? how do i plug it into my battery ? How do i connect my lcd to it ???

I know its alot....

thanks in advance....I'm fiberglassing my console this weekend....pics to come....!

nay

I'd suggest downloading the manual for the PSU you're looking at using and reading it. It will most likely answer the questions you have.
    Jan Bennett
    FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

I run my PC off the OPUS 250W.

Originally posted by yparent
      I'm planing to buy a '' OPUS 250W/320W Intelligent DC-DC PSU '' does it come with all the connector ?
      It comes with the mobo 20-pin connector, a connector that runs to various things such as the 4-pin CPU connector and 3-4 4-pin molex connectors, and a harness that has 6 or 8 leads that you connect power to.

Do i need to build my own ?
      It'd be best to use what it comes with.

how do i plug it into my battery ?
      Run a thick wire (10 awg or thicker) from your battery connected directly to the positive lead on the battery, through your car's firewall, to the yellow PSU leads (there will be 3 yellow wires--I just connected them all together).

How do i connect my lcd to it ???
      You can try to use the accessory connections on the Opus--there are 2 leads for monitors, amps, etc.. Or you can do what I, and a lot, do: Cut off one of the 4 pin molex connectors and wire it into that, that way it will only get power when the PC is on.

Comment

Working...
      X