Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for opinions on MoBos

Good day,

Am a newer member, though I have been lurking for a bit.

I am in the process of deciding the components for my first CarPC build, and was hoping I could get some opinions on a small selection of options that have come up for the mobo I will be using:

(Early plans will be navigation and music. though I hope to add xm/hd/am/fm, rear view camera, etc. I will be using an 8" Lilliput in the dash)

First option is a bit more than I would probably choose on my own, but there is one for a good price on ebay.
    VIA EPIA-EN15000G 1.5GHz

The others are more entry-level (read: cheaper)
    IA C7 @ 1.5GHz 25 Watts Edition Processor Mini-ITX Motherboard J7F4K1G5D

VIA C7-D 1.5GHz Processor Mini-ITX Express Motherboard J7F21G5D

J7F2WE1G Mini-ITX Motherboard Series

Any thoughts? Is the EN15000G worth getting used over the 'new' economy boards here?

Thank you for any help you are able to provide (and I will continue searching these great forums, so much useful information here!)

I assume you've searched on here for reviews of all of these boards? if not, I'd start there for sure!
    Jan Bennett
    FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

yes sir! (though I will admit that I only skimmed them to start. I am going back now and reading in depth)

I probably should have clarified that I mostly am looking for opinions on if I will see much benefit from going with the 'economy' units compared to the 15000G.

Comment

have you considered the front end you're going to run and if any of these boards meets their requirements?
        Jan Bennett

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Ahh, to be honest I had not considered that variable.

I am pretty much down to either RR or SD:
          I figure SD will cost about 175 (100 for SD + 75 for GPS)
          RR will cost me about 130 (for iGuidance + GPS bundle)

Will start checking out requirements now.

Thanks for the pointer

Comment

He called Red "Sir".
            Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
            How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Jan Bennett

Comment

Whoops.. my bad!

Comment

I had bad luck with a video problem on the EN15000G board and I wasn't alone. I'm sure many people don't have the problem, but I would suggest passing it up, personally.

I wound up going with a Phylon (I think it's really a Jetway) AMD based motherboard and so far no problems.

Good luck with the build up.

Comment

Thanks, Profozone. Working out a shopping list now. Will check out Phylon

Comment

Working...
                    X