No announcement yet.

cooling and power

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cooling and power

hey guys

i'm going to be powering a VoomPC-2 Barebones LV677 (Commell LV677 mobo) with Intel Core Duo T2300 1.66Ghz and just wondering if passive cooling would be enough? Or would you recommend the stock cooling that comes with the mobo?

also, i am thinking of also powering this on remotely using something like this:

apart from one thing.....i have NO idea where to get it lol, any ideas of similar solutions?<br /><br />

I have same MB and case with a 2ghz Memron Core 2 Duo. This mobile CPU still needs a fan. I dumped the toy CPU fan that came with MB as my case is full of stuff and is located where there is not a lot of ventilation. I disconected the two case fans that come with the Voom one day to see how hot it would get. Could have fried a steak on them black aluminium Voom ribs. Unless you live at the north pole you won't be passive cooling that puppy.
    Landrover CF 3.1 Commell LV677 2GhzCore2Duo 4GDDR2 Military 80G SATA & SS Cartnetix P2140 & P5V Voom2 81/2" 16:9 5.1 3XAmps SOHO H/F Mini-PCI Wireless & 3G Wireless B'band Mini-PCI GPS - Destinator/OziExplorer HQCTi DAB+ SATA DVD Remote Cams TV UHF Radio