This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing a Roof mounted DVD Player

Hi, I'm in the process of installig a roof mounteded DVD player. There is a wire labelled ACC which I'm in two minds on whether to connect to IGN or to a always live circuit. Am I okay to connect it to either of these?
    Things to do
    • Bluetooth handsfree / Tidy up dash fabrication / Improve startup-shutdown time.

ACC is key-on power for accesories. If you wire to key-on, you can run with the ignition off, but the key on. With a direct line to the battery (always live circuit) you could run with no key at all, but run a strong risk of draining your battery the day you forget to turn it off. Stick to accesory power. Find a 12 volt line with the key on, then turn off the key and if it drops to 0 volts... You found an ACC line.

Comment

Thanks thighmsater. I'll get the volt meter out tonight. (and some spare fuses cuase of my jittery hands)
      Things to do
      • Bluetooth handsfree / Tidy up dash fabrication / Improve startup-shutdown time.

Comment

Are there three leads from the DVD unit? +12, GND, ACC/IGN? If so you can splice into any acc line (its used only as a remote on line) If there is no always live +12 line, make sure the line you cut into can supply enough amperage for the DVD player
        Brown 2010

Comment

Yes - there are 3 leads. I've spliced the cigarette lighter to provide the constant +12 and negative wires. I think I'll look around for an ACC suply to the radio and splice that. (I'm removing the Radio and installing a Xenarc touchscreen and VOOM PC2, as soon as a recieve a toyota wiring harness plug from Ryda.com).
          Things to do

Comment

Working...
          X