SPLIT: Where to purchase components

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPLIT: Where to purchase components

Hi, there! Heading to Las Vegas for the weekend and i was wondering if you might know where to buy CarPC components... I'm looking forward to get a new touchscreen and psu. I know it's got nothing to do with the thread, but i had to ask...
    Car PC progress: 60%
    Pics coming soon!!!

it's very rare to be able to walk into a store and buy a CarPC PSU and a Touch Screen monitor, even in the states. Your best bet is to buy online for those items.
    Jan Bennett
    FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Also, understand that most of the PC hardware is simple off-the-shelf stuff that is available at any retailer (online or brick & mortar).
      The only specialized components are DC-DC PSU and smaller touchscreens, really.

The basic hardware is typically standard-issue desktop PC hardware that's designed for lower power draw, like the Via EPIA line of motherboards.
      Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
      How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

I know that... Still, had to ask; as I'm staying just for the weekend, I can't risk for the package not arriving or getting a missfuncional product.
        Car PC progress: 60%
        Pics coming soon!!!

Comment

I ordered my Lilliput 7" display from Amazon.com of all places, and I ordered all of my electronic components from Mouser Electronics. Both can ship overnight.

Comment

Working...
          X