No announcement yet.

Need help with screen placement

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with screen placement

I need some advice on screen placement. I have an '06 Mazda 6 with the factory NAV system. Most carputers I have seen in a Mazda6 have the screen mounted in the map compartment. However, since I have the factory NAV, I already have a screen there, so that isn't an option. I also want to avoid replacing the factory in-dash stereo if possible.

That being said, I am looking for options on where I can mount a 7" or 8" touch screen. I have looked into sharing the NAV screen, but I have decided not to for three reasons. 1) I can't justify paying the obscene price on the AVElectronic switch, which is the only splitter I've seen for this system. 2) I would like be able to have both the NAV and another video feed simultaneously. 3) I want to use a touch screen as the pointing device, the existing screen will not allow that.

What are my options?

Thanks in advance!

Sounds like you have a real delimma...... If you want it visible from the drivers seat, and don't mind taking up some of the passenger's seating area, you could mount it on the right side of the center console angled towards the drivers seat. Or if you wanted to be able to hide it, you might be able to mount it in the glove box....where you have to open the glove box and rotate the screen out in order to use the screen....just a couple thoughts from a fellow mazda6club member.
    Status of Mini Install: Ordering parts and working on docking station.