Questions I need cleared up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions I need cleared up

I have a 2001 chevy S10 reg cab that I bodydropped 3 inches and lays frame and rocker on 20s at all 4 corners.

I'm going to put a computer in this truck. Obviously I want a system that can play DVDs, Cds, MP3s, but I'll also be adding internet. Basically, not a workhorse desktop, but a decent little computer for show and functionality.

I do not plan on running a headunit, but would like to add fm radio at some point.

So my first question, what options are out there for adding fm radio to a computer? I have not found any good FM add on options, and it seams the store is out of stock on there options.

Stereo components that I have already purchased include:
    2 Phoenix Gold Octane R10d (dual voice coils) for behind the seats
    1 Phoenix Gold 2 channel amp for subs
    1 Phoenix Gold 4 channel amp for front and rear channels
    of course I also have a cap and power distribution, and all wiring

this truck has been rebuilt from the ground up and includes upgraded wiring

I plan on running a touchscreen monitor in the dash , a slim line dvd writer, and some peripherals.

I have a 2.2Ghz Celeron processor and mb that I might plan on using, it has onboard sound, but no rca outs... what sound card is ideal for a thumping system, I am leaning toward external. With my amps, I need a set of csubwoofer outputs, front and rear channel outputs. Can you all give me some ideas?

I'll start building this system and fabricating it into the interior over the winter.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Here's my truck:

Oh yeah, I am in the St Louis area...

Comment

Good looking ride bro. I see these all the time but 95% of the time, they are chopped up junk heaps. Your project looks professionaly done. Good job!

Comment

http://store.mp3car.com/HQCT_High_Qu..._p/com-009.htm
        High Quality Car Tuner - I know you saw it was out of stock here, but it should be available at other sites. From what I hear, it is the best quality option out there.
        My OLD carputer page
        My NEW carPC

Via Epia M10000, 512 PC2100, Opus 150, 8" lilly touch, 320 GB 7200 WD Caviar

Comment

Originally posted by SiLlY View Post
          Good looking ride bro. I see these all the time but 95% of the time, they are chopped up junk heaps. Your project looks professionaly done. Good job!
          thaanks bro... sorry that it was so dirty in those pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by Moneyfink View Post
            http://store.mp3car.com/HQCT_High_Qu..._p/com-009.htm
            High Quality Car Tuner - I know you saw it was out of stock here, but it should be available at other sites. From what I hear, it is the best quality option out there.
            that's what I was leaning towards... thanks

now I need opinions on sound cards and high end audio so I can determine what else I need to purchase

Comment

Working...
            X