Music setup with RR

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music setup with RR

Don't know why I get so dumb when using Roadrunner, but for the life of me I can't get it to play any of my music. PC has been formatted, installed RR with the DigitalFX 2.0 skin, and also have Winamp.

My music is stored in C:\Data\My Music and then broken down into folders. I've entered the "My Music" folder as the place where the music is stored in RR but it doesn't see any of the files. Everything plays fine in WinAmp, is there any association I need to make between the two? Also tried making playlists and put those in a "Playlist" folder but it's a no go.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Romy

Have you run RR Config?

You have to set the music folder path in the config before RR can display your music files.
    Pico-ITX / XP Home with EWF-HORM / RR v12/02/2009 / Winamp v5.13 / RRMedia v1.2.2

Comment

Yes, I've run the RR config. My Music folder is actually located at "C:\Data\Music", strange thing is... RR can see all the subfolders in my music folder, but doesn't see any of the actual MP3 files.

I'm sure the paths are all correct. For instance the video's work fine and I used the same method to set the paths.

I'm totally stumped and bummed as this is the only thing keeping me from using my carputer now, everything else is running perfect! Anything else I can look into? I'm sure it's something minor that I'm simply overlooking.

Comment

Maybe your fix???

This is coming for the King of NOOBs.

Had this problem. Busted my knut several days to finally figure out that on the MUSIC config page there is a little box in the lower right corner and you need to specify the file types you want the music player to open. Forgot all about it and kicked myself in the A$$ when I discovered what I was missing. Don't know if this will fix your problem, but it COMPLETELY fixed mine.

Now if I could just get this to play my DVDs which is still kicking my A$$, several thousand messages later.

Comment

Originally posted by Romy View Post
          Yes, I've run the RR config. My Music folder is actually located at "C:\Data\Music", strange thing is... RR can see all the subfolders in my music folder, but doesn't see any of the actual MP3 files.

I'm sure the paths are all correct. For instance the video's work fine and I used the same method to set the paths.

I'm totally stumped and bummed as this is the only thing keeping me from using my carputer now, everything else is running perfect! Anything else I can look into? I'm sure it's something minor that I'm simply overlooking.
          You can do that or go into the RR folder and open rr.ini using notepad.

Look for a line "audiofiles="

Delete that line.

Restart RR.
          Pico-ITX / XP Home with EWF-HORM / RR v12/02/2009 / Winamp v5.13 / RRMedia v1.2.2

Comment

Originally posted by GasPath View Post
            This is coming for the King of NOOBs.

Had this problem. Busted my knut several days to finally figure out that on the MUSIC config page there is a little box in the lower right corner and you need to specify the file types you want the music player to open. Forgot all about it and kicked myself in the A$$ when I discovered what I was missing. Don't know if this will fix your problem, but it COMPLETELY fixed mine.

Now if I could just get this to play my DVDs which is still kicking my A$$, several thousand messages later.

Hmm, this sorta worked! I've got RR to see the songs now, but they don't play...Grrr. When using the music broswer, I can find everything but when I either click on it or hit "play", nothing happens. Seems like the slider bar goes from the beginning to the end in one second.

Any ideas?

Romy

Comment

Hey Sal, are you known as "Sunglasses Ron" anywhere on the web?

Comment

Nope. Just Sal R.

What skin are you using?

Comment

Originally posted by Sal R. View Post
                  Nope. Just Sal R.

What skin are you using?
                  I'm using the DigitalFX 2.0 skin, I like it because it should work well in my interior. Well that's what I thought until I saw your skin in the pic poster, now that is nice! I'm also putting this into an A4 (98.5 though), and I've been looking for the Audi MMI skin floating around on the web. Where did you get it? All I could find was the beta testing phase.

P.S. Are you ever on AudiWorld by chance?

Comment

Okay, I'm running out of ideas on how to get my music to play now. RR plays videos fine, sees all my music with no problem, but it just won't play. If I highlight the song and click the triangular "Play" icon nothing happens. if I highlight the song and click the "Play" button (the one between the arroes in the music browser) it goes to the player screen but no music. It doesn't even show the tiltle of the song or any other details.

Comment

Originally posted by Romy View Post
                      I'm using the DigitalFX 2.0 skin, I like it because it should work well in my interior. Well that's what I thought until I saw your skin in the pic poster, now that is nice! I'm also putting this into an A4 (98.5 though), and I've been looking for the Audi MMI skin floating around on the web. Where did you get it? All I could find was the beta testing phase.

P.S. Are you ever on AudiWorld by chance?
                      Yeah, I'm Sal R. in AW. I frequent that forum quite a bit too.

The MMI skin in my pic poster is the one I'm putting together. The graphics work was derived from BTBE's old mediacar skin, but I've updated it to work w/ tranparencies. The layout and coding are all me. The link in my sig is a real old a$$ beta to get some feedback on bugs, etc. from users.

I'm still working on and getting close to finishing up. Just a few more skins to finish (Mappoint, S&T, etc.)

I hoping to release it soon and just patch/update as needed.

In anycase, I just looked at the code for the button and there's no reason why it shouldn't play.

Will the same file play if you load it into winamp w/o RR running?

What version of winamp are you using?

Comment

Nice work with your MMI skin, it looks great and can't wait until you're ready to release it. I'd love to try it out once I get the CarPC working!

For WinAmp I'm using version 5.5 and for some reason I'm feeling like I made the stupid mistake of using that instead of the v5.13 you're using. Are there any known issues with using a newer version?

Comment

Well, the latest version of RR i supposed to work w/ winamp above v5.xx since guino made RR more modular. I assume you're using the classic skin of winamp?

2.95 is still the recommended choice, IIRC.

5.13 has worked flawlessly for me and can use JTFE playlist searching that's not available w/ 2.95.

Does the file that doesn't play in RR play in winamp running standalone?

Comment

Sorry, forgot to mention it in my last post. Yes, I can play the file in winamp with or without RR running. I can also play them with media player etc.

I've been playing around a bit just now and this is what I found. I deleted the library from WinAmp, put two songs into a folder and added them into the WinAmp library. I start WinAmp and then RR, all is good up until now. I size the windows accordingly so that I have both RR and WinAmp viewable together (I RDP into the CarPC).

If I play a song in WinAmp, it plays it but it also plays in RR! Then I try to control which song is playing by using RR but nothing, same as before. If I add both songs to the WinAmp playlist, I can start the songs using RR but only in the order the tracks are sorted in the WinAmp playlist. With RR I can change tracks by using the "skip tracks" icon. However, if I want to select a particular song using the brower/player screen, everything stops again. It seems like WinAmp will control RR, but RR won't control WinAmp.

I'm using the classic Winamp skin. I've set the path to the winamp.exe in RR config, and am using RR 9/30/07. (Can't seem to update for some reason, keeps saying I have the latest version).

Comment

Go to the Road Runner directory, open up rr.ini using notepad and post them. Let's take a look at your settings.

The audio_browser.skin file in DFX2.0 is pretty straight forward, but have you tried using another skin, like BMV2?

Did you register winamp.dll?

I can't remember if Blue's config did that at this version of RR or not...

Comment

Working...
                              X