Lcd gauges, setup? HELP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lcd gauges, setup? HELP

i am going to use a 10 touch screen in the middle of the dash.

1. i want to use a monitor for my gauges. i have a 12in and a 7 in, which would b better?

2. what do i need to make that happen.. up to the second speed o meter and such.

ive done a lot of readin. i dont need multiple suggestions just kinda someone to tell me which way to go...

any help would b good

Originally posted by RedBeaverEater
    i dont need multiple suggestions just kinda someone to tell me which way to go...
    So I guess Ill be your only suggestion then....
    What it sounds like you need is some sort of hardware that will take your connectors from the dash unit and convert them for PC use. I know some guys on here did that with the HVAC and such like that, something like that may be what your looking for. Id check around and see what comes up under hardware.

And thats me kinda telling you which way you might go.
    Cheers!
    ~Fin~
    My First Install. Be gentle with my 03 Vibe GT

Comment

ah ha.... let me rephrase that.... do i need a odbii ? and which one if so ?

will that give me the gauges up dated a couple times a sec.

if im running rr what program or where would i find a skin for it?

Comment

OBDII is 1Hz.

Fusion Brain is 30Hz-180Hz.
        Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
        1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
        30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
        15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
        Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

It would help if you tell hich moel, yar and make car?

@ 2k1Toaster: Not all OBD-II interfaces update 1Hz....if you are willing to spend the money, there's good alternatives, ie Mongoose etc.....
          F6 Tornado Project Log ; HP Blackbird Watercooled Server

Beta Tester for Centrafuse and 3dConnexion (No business affiliation with either)

Comment

ive got money but i dont wanna spend any more than i have to .

its for a 2002 ford f350 deisel

Comment

yep... i dont know either?

Comment

so... i got the dash done but im kinda in a stand still cause i dont know what to get to make it work...

does any1 have a link of the product that i need

Comment

bump?

Comment

You have opinions. There is OBD-II and there is the Fusion Brain.
                    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more

Comment

Originally posted by 2k1Toaster View Post
                      You have opinions. There is OBD-II and there is the Fusion Brain.
                      My Opinion:

One day they will work together in perfect harmony, the two of them.
                      It's been a while...

Comment

thanks for the replies... with that said

i am a retard....

if i get the fusion and i run it to my lapot via usb (just for trial), now what else do i need to to to hook it up to run the gauges from the car?

Comment

help please?

Comment

Since you're not getting too many replies:

I was looking to do the same thing. I have an OBii connection and yes it has the gauges you are looking for. Problem I ran into is that there will be a lag. I used the USB connection so the lag was like 2-3 seconds, way too much. My understanding is that there will be some lag in a serial connection too. Also keep in mind that if you are running off a program, you will need to wait for the system to boot before you will have an instrument cluster.

I saw the posts Grimoire mentioned previously. People wrote their own programs to hook directly into HVAC and they were sick! No lag time, the cluster they wanted with no data they didnt. Problem with that is if you do not know how to write a program to interface with HVAC, you are kinda out of luck.

Hope this helped

Comment

Originally posted by dettlej View Post
                              Since you're not getting too many replies:

I was looking to do the same thing. I have an OBii connection and yes it has the gauges you are looking for. Problem I ran into is that there will be a lag. I used the USB connection so the lag was like 2-3 seconds, way too much. My understanding is that there will be some lag in a serial connection too. Also keep in mind that if you are running off a program, you will need to wait for the system to boot before you will have an instrument cluster.

I saw the posts Grimoire mentioned previously. People wrote their own programs to hook directly into HVAC and they were sick! No lag time, the cluster they wanted with no data they didnt. Problem with that is if you do not know how to write a program to interface with HVAC, you are kinda out of luck.

Hope this helped
                              Well that was true before the Brain. Now the Fusion Software is fully skinnable and easily made into a speedometer cluster by anyone. No programming needed. The computer still needs to load of course, but with standby there is very little delay.

The delay can be between 1/30th of a second, and 1/180th of a second depending on how much CPU you want to devote to it.

Comment

Working...
                              X