Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car computers exist? okay... i'm not THAT noob.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car computers exist? okay... i'm not THAT noob.

So after seeing a picture of the altima w/car pc on here I Decided to join...
    I have no clue as to where the computer (pc) would fit in... I see the screen but where the heck is the "computer" ?

Anyways, I haven't browsed this forum enough, but i will soon. I've been working on performance mods for my 06 VQ Altima, and i'm now leaning a little towards appearance as well. This carpc deal got me excited

If anyone wants to throw some info or advice as to how much a custom job like that costs (with parts and labor) please do... i'm debating whether i should just get navi or carpc. If you don't know which altima i'm talking about that's on this forum here is the link to the thread with pics:

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...06-altima.html

This forum has over 77,000 members...meaning 'that Altima' isn't exacly descriptive.

As for advice....I'd recomend you check out the store: http://store.mp3car.com

I'd also recomend checking out the FAQ link in the top navbar as it will get your started on your research path. That's right...I said research...

If the thought of intensive research bores or scares you, this hobby is not for you.

Good luck!
    Jan Bennett
    FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Originally posted by Getbusy3x View Post
      I have no clue as to where the computer (pc) would fit in... I see the screen but where the heck is the "computer" ?
      It could be anywhere....
      In the glove box... Inside a custom console... In the trunk/hatch... Under a seat...
      Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
      How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by RedGTiVR6 View Post
        This forum has over 77,000 members...meaning 'that Altima' isn't exacly descriptive.

As for advice....I'd recomend you check out the store: http://store.mp3car.com

I'd also recomend checking out the FAQ link in the top navbar as it will get your started on your research path. That's right...I said research...

If the thought of intensive research bores or scares you, this hobby is not for you.

Good luck!
        The altima that I am talking about is in the link that I put in my post (see bottom of first post).

Comment

Yes, I realize that. I'm just trying to get you to understand that there's more on this forum than just Altima owners.

If you have questions about 'that Altima' I'd recomend posting in 'that Altima's' work log...
          Jan Bennett
          FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

I wanted music, I got it all...

How's it going?

I wasn't TOO amazed at the mini-size of a car PC, but I was wowed.... I recently bought my first carpc from mp3 car, and the case is about 12"x7"x2". Take a look at the mp3car store, and find the "Beginners Special" for $599. That's mine.

I have the advantage of a cargo compartment in my 2000 Saturn wagon, so there's LOTS of room for amplifiers, wiring, and of course the carpc. They can be configured all sorts of ways, but look at the rear of your desktop pc, with all of the inputs and outputs and USB ports, etc. That's just how my carpc looks, just more compact.

School is about out, and we have a 30 day Christmas break, so I plan on starting my carpc up on my home workbench, installing all programs, music, and configuring...also just see what it can and can't do....than install it in my car.

Darquepervert is right, take some time to really fill up your head with reading on the mp3car forums. There are lots of faq's and other informational stuff. Even if you are only marginal with electronics / audio / computer knowledge, many of the postings are clear enough to educate a person. Worked for me.

My carpc already does work very well; I just had to cover it up with a sheet for awhile 'till final exams torture is over.

Feel free to keep in touch. I suppose there are many levels of expertise and involvement in this car pc thing. Some guys are obviously very educated, and pursue deep and esoteric levels. Some guys (like me) are smart enough to know what I want the carpc for, to specify what I want to build, then to install it. It's not that hard.
            I believe strongly in community, and in helping newbies of all types, as long as they will make some effort to do research and work themselves.

Blessings in this holiday, and all seasons.
            Happy CarPC'ing!

Comment

Working...
            X