Distribution Block Helppp

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Distribution Block Helppp

I WAS WONDERING WHAT THAT IS? DO I NEED IT? I HAVE A JL 13W7 WITH JL1000/1 AMP , ALPINE 6.5 SPR 17C(2 PAIR FOR ALL FOUR MY DOORS), AND POINEER 6X9(1 SPEAKER) KENWOOD kac-8401.... SO MY QUESTION IS DO I NEED THAT BLOCK?? IM USING A 0GAUGE, AND IF I DO NEED IT HOW DO I CONNECT IT?? THANKS, MY COMPLETE SYSTEM IS NOT HOOK UP YET...WAITNG TILL I GET MY SCREENS SO I CAN HOOK EVERYTHING UP AT ONCE. THANKS AN ADVANCE!!

Jeezus... The all caps is hideous.... Looks like you're screaming at us. Please stop.

A distribution block takes one larger (lower AWG) power line and splits it up into multiple smaller (higher AWG) power lines to power multiple devices.
    It allows you to run a single power line to your battery for aesthetics and simplicity.

If you're running a single amplifier and no other components that need 12v power from the vehicle, you don't need a distribution block.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

oic so that means i need one?? since im running two amp??

Comment

You don't need one, but it makes for easier wiring.
        Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
        How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

well if your running 0awg wire then yes you will want to use a distribution block your JL amp uses a 4awg wire and your kenwood amp uses 8awg wire. so get a block that does a single 0awg in and 2 4awg outs and just make one run with 4awg and the second run with 8awg.

Comment

Working...
          X