hardest step?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hardest step?

hello whats the hardest step in installing a carpc?? i thought about it and think it would probably be getting power through the firewall, just exactly how does that work? getting power to the carpc??
    would you guys suggest a professional to get the power routed through the dash.

Originally posted by New_Era View Post
    hello whats the hardest step in installing a carpc?? i thought about it and think it would probably be getting power through the firewall, just exactly how does that work? getting power to the carpc??

Wow, I had some major deja vu while reading this, I know there are many versions of this question in here, and you have written all the key-words I needed to find it, so that makes it easy.

Try this, and I'd be happy to try to help if you still have more questions on the matter:

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/car-...r-battery.html
    It's been a while...

Comment

alright thanks, ill have to look up on exactly how to wire it in too. if i have trouble ill come back to this thread.
      jeff

Comment

Originally posted by New_Era View Post
        hello whats the hardest step in installing a carpc??
        Planning & researching your entire setup.

i thought about it and think it would probably be getting power through the firewall, just exactly how does that work?
        You run a wire through a rubber grommet. There should already be one there for you to use.

getting power to the carpc??
        Read the power supply FAQs: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/advfaq.php

If you don't feel comfortable running the wire, then yes.
        Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
        How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by DarquePervert View Post
          Planning & researching your entire setup.
          I agree, but I heard DP is for hire, so that makes it much easier.

Originally posted by DarquePervert View Post
          You run a wire through a rubber grommet. There should already be one there for you to use.
          Just be careful if your antenna cable is going through the one you find already, running a big power cable parallel to the antenna cable could lead to reception noise.
          It's been a while...

Comment

Originally posted by h3rk View Post
            I agree, but I heard DP is for hire, so that makes it much easier.
            $100/hour with a one-hour minimum.
            That does not include travel and/or expenses.

That's right, I bill you for the coffee & donut that I consume while talking to you on IM!

Just be careful if your antenna cable is going through the one you find already, running a big power cable parallel to the antenna cable could lead to reception noise.
            very good point.
            The same can be said for running a power wire next to any signal cables such as those for satellite radio or GPS reception or speaker wires.
            Granted, none of these should be running through a vehicle firewall. the general idea is to keep power lines & signal lines as far away from one another as possible.
            How about the Wiki?

Comment

Originally posted by Enforcer View Post
              Admitting you have a problem when at the addiction clinic.
              How about the Wiki?

Comment

hello whats the hardest step in installing a carpc??
                Fabricating/stealth install of the screen.

Running wires through the firewall is easy peazy - A drill and a grommit is all you need.

Comment

the hardest part?

All depends on where you specific skills and abilities lie...........

Some people have issues with the computer part, some with the install itself, the audio components, the screen mounting and bezel, making it look professional, peripherals, etc, etc...........

It all depends on your abilities.
                  For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.
                  Leonardo Da Vinci

Comment

Working...
                  X