Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noob needs InCar PC help

Evening all,

I just signed up cos I need help - Let me explain.

I have recently bought an Alpine M740BT, which is a standalone touchscreen monitor with built in Bluetooth.

I have also recently ordered an In Car Pc, but have just been told by the seller that I may not be able to use the touchscreen feature to control the pc, as my screen doesnt have a USB etc...

However it does have an AV Input and an AV Output, so I was thinking perhaps I could get some adapters and it may work....for example if I got an AV to USB and plugged that into a USB to VGA, would that allow me to use the touchscreen to control the pc or can anyone think of another way? Or is it a lost cause? I'll be gutted if it is

Many thanks for your time
    Now some pics
    The car

The custom made Double DIN slot with screen in:

Sorry bud,there's no way to use that touchscreen with your carpc.You could just use a 10 key pad and a mouse or powermate to control the pc.
    Also,that screen has no usable vga inputs,only an "av input"....so you'll get a really crappy picture from the pc side.
    You could sell that screen and buy a lilliput or a xenarc with a touchscreen though.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic - Arthur C. Clarke

Comment

really? that makes me reli p'd off!!! I cant believe it wont work, theres no way around it all????? :'(

Comment

Nope....but remember that you are installing a computer,and it needs an appropriate screen.This is a whole different ball game than standard car audio gear.
        There are many threads on installing a monitor,and there is a double din dww-650 that will drop right in,no mods usually needed,or the mechatronics kit that fits a double din opening and you put a lilliput into,then into the dash.
        Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic - Arthur C. Clarke

Comment

but my screen says its a "wvga" does that not mean it will display it?

Comment

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/advf...ew&advfaqid=17

Reading through the FAQs is a good way to start when you register on ANY forum.
            Jan Bennett
            FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

I didn't say it wouldn't display anything....I did say it'll be crappy,lol.
              Your choice is to get rid of the pc,or get another monitor to do it properly.
              Since you dash is modified for the alpine,it seems like an easy swap.

Comment

rite, just read that, SO how much roughly do you think it would cost for someone to make one of these for my screen? Cos I wouldnt know how to do it

Comment

Here is the link for the dww-6500....it should be a direct swap for your monitor.
                  http://www.digitalww.com/store/prodd...p?prod=DWW6500.
                  There are similar models on ebay as well,just make sure they are touch screen,and have a 15 pin vga connector.

Comment

thx for that, but whats the difference between that 15 pin plug and me using my avs to a USB then the USB to the 15 pin plug?

Comment

Because IT WON'T WORK!!! lol. There are completely different signals at work here.
                      It's like asking why if we cut gills in our necks,why couldn't we breathe water?!?
                      Trust me....dump the alpine,or give up on the pc.

Comment

rite ok thx, ill hav a think

Comment

Working...
                        X