Xbox hookup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xbox hookup

Where does everyone find these cheap lcd screens? I can't find them.

Xbox hookup

The goal is to have my xbox as my car pc. I have altered my xbox so i could use apps and other things. Its essentially a computer. (Please don't ask how) I want to use just a screen and not a head unit. The xbox has rca jacks out so how would I connect my orriginal speakers using the rca jack. Is there some kind of converter or somthing so i don't have to buy an expensive radio thats fugly anyway.

Comment

It's called an amplifier.
      Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
      How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

I guess im asking it wrong. My harness won't plug into an amplifer. I haven't had any experince with using an amplifier.

Comment

there is a audio converter that u hook up to the speaker leads going to any speaker and it converts the signal into a rca jack so u can use rca wires to hook up to a amplifier. If you are talking about hooking the x-box up to the radio so it plays audio to the radio then you need a rf modulator that hooks up to rca jacks. check radio shack.
          01 Burb
          http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/work...-suburban.html

Comment

so i can get rca jacks and connect them to the end of the wire. How many outputs does an amp normally have. 6 7 ?

Comment

a amplifier usually has inputs only, some amplifiers will have a output to connect to another amplifier.
              01 Burb
              http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/work...-suburban.html

Comment

OK, I think I get what you are asking. You want to take out your head unit entirely, correct? Once you take your head unit out, you have the factory harness that used to plug into your head unit. What you need to do is go to www.crutchfield.com. Once you are there, you can put in your make, model, and year of your car. It will tell you all of the speakers and head units that fit in your car, as well as a factory wiring harness. Obvisouly all you want is the wiring harness. Once you have it, you will have to buy yourself a four channel amplifier, assuming your car has four speakers (two up front, two in back). Using the wiring diagrams from the amp and the wiring harness, you should be able to hook the amp to the harness you bought, and then plug the RCAs from your xbox into the amp. I hope this helps...

Comment

exactly what i needed to know. Thanks Im going to add a sub as well though. So I need a 5 channel amp?

Comment

5ch amp or a 4 ch with a RCA pass through and a mono amp for the sub.

Comment

I know this has been asked a million times but does anyone have any suggestions on an amplifier for my needs. And a screen. It doesen't have to be big. I'll proberly put a pc in it at one point so vga would be nice. But I doesn't have to be touchscreen.

Comment

Something like this but smaller (and cheaper) wold work well, as you'll be able to utilise your xbox's digital audio out, and provides a method of volume control:
                        http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...Amplifier.html

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Mylt1 View Post
                            5ch amp or a 4 ch with a RCA pass through and a mono amp for the sub.

You mean having 2 amps? one only for the sub and one for the component speakers. Im sorry for the silly questions.

And since im not using a computer a touchscreen monitor wouldn't help me. What a good cheap nontouch screen with rca connectors.

Comment

yes, 2 amps. one for the door speakers and a second mono amp for the sub.

Comment

Working...
                              X